PDA

View Full Version : Best way to remove these tiny scratches from my paint?

WillJS
06-26-2013, 07:28 PM
Hi all, first time directly drawing from the vast knowledge here.

I am very happy with the quality of my paint at the moment, however I think using cheap "microfiber" towels have put tiny scratches onto my finish. However, with my last order I bought two of the Chinchilla towels that are on BOGO at the moment. Should I buy another set of these or is there another towel that is recommended?

http://i.imgur.com/8JZgQKJ.png

You can only see these in direct sunlight, and it took me a while to get the right angle as well. I'm a little disappointed it's not as perfect as I once thought, so I want to try to correct it. I have the following tools and products at my disposal, and I'm open to buying anything else I'd need.

PC 7424 XP
Wolfgang Finishing Glaze
Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
Pinnacle Liquid Souveran (sample size)
LC Foam pads: Blue x 2, Red, Green, Orange
LC HydroTech Pads: Blue, Red, and Orange

Obviously I want to start with the least aggressive method, and reading a little I think the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is a fine enough cut polish it may work well - just which pad to use?

Rsurfer
06-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Least aggressive first. Hope they are 5.5" pads and not 6" or 6.5".

rmagnus
06-26-2013, 07:48 PM
IMO it's not induced by your MF towels. Make sure they are clean wipe in straight lines because this looks like you didn't polish out the swirl all the way.

I've seen people dis Costco mf's but I've never had a problem with them. I rarely do a 2 bucket wash any more opting for waterless washes but when I do I use a leaf blower for most of the drying.

Bottom line is you'll have to polish out these imperfections if that's the result you're looking for.

WillJS
06-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Least aggressive first. Hope they are 5.5" pads and not 6" or 6.5".

They are all 5.5". Would you recommend using the WGFG with the blue pad first on a test spot and if not aggressive enough move to the orange?

IMO it's not induced by your MF towels. Make sure they are clean wipe in straight lines because this looks like you didn't polish out the swirl all the way.

I've seen people dis Costco mf's but I've never had a problem with them. I rarely do a 2 bucket wash any more opting for waterless washes but when I do I use a leaf blower for most of the drying.

Bottom line is you'll have to polish out these imperfections if that's the result you're looking for.

You could be right, I've only had the PC for a few weeks. Up until now, my car was hand polished and I haven't used anything with cut yet.

Rsurfer
06-27-2013, 01:52 AM
[QUOTE=WillJS;899139]They are all 5.5". Would you recommend using the WGFG with the blue pad first on a test spot and if not aggressive enough move to the orange?

I would start with the tangerine H20 pad first.