PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Detail Fest Date = March 15th & 16th

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Bunky
02-08-2014, 07:10 AM
It is just 5 weeks away.

Jaretr1
02-18-2014, 10:50 AM
Going to start the prep for df this weekend for my Z. Going to wash her, go over her with Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion, then a few coats of Souveran. Will also go around and get her all nice and "detailed". It just better not rain the weekend of DF!! I demand no rain if anyone has pull in that department!

runrun411
02-18-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm thinking about going but I think the area hotels are booked up now.

swanicyouth
02-18-2014, 11:14 AM
I'm thinking about going but I think the area hotels are booked up now.

Wha???? There are a ton of rooms in the area.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/19/yta7aha9.jpg

Just don't expect the Sofitel NYC.

runrun411
02-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Wow, thanks Swanicyouth. It's going to be tough not to go. My wife wants to go with me also her best friend lives about an hour and 30 minutes away. If she goes the trip will end up costing another 1500 dollars by the time she gets done. Uh-Oh.

swanicyouth
02-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Wow, thanks Swanicyouth. It's going to be tough not to go. My wife wants to go with me also her best friend lives about an hour and 30 minutes away. If she goes the trip will end up costing another 1500 dollars by the time she gets done. Uh-Oh.

Perfect. Drop her off at her friends house - but take all her credit cards outta her purse the night before.

DaytonaJae
02-18-2014, 11:33 AM
Going to start the prep for df this weekend for my Z. Going to wash her, go over her with Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion, then a few coats of Souveran. Will also go around and get her all nice and "detailed". It just better not rain the weekend of DF!! I demand no rain if anyone has pull in that department!

For sure do your detail and protection steps before your drive to make your life easier.

I personally like to do a rinseless wash and mini detail a day after I arrive. It gives me an opportunity to try some of the free samples and/or products I just bought the first day.

Last year I brought a bucket with me and I just bought a few gallons of distilled water from the gas station next door to the Courtyard to do my rinseless right there at the hotel parking lot.

The water I bought was refrigerated out of the cooler at the gas station, so it was a welcome feeling in the hot weather last year. Hopefully this year, with it being earlier in March, will be much cooler. Very much looking forward to the festivities and seeing old friends again!

57BORNTORUN
02-18-2014, 01:05 PM
Wow...I`m just realizing how blessed I am to be just ten minutes away from the Fest(Depending on how I slam gears and my MPH could be less!!!)Look forward to a great day and meeting fellow GEEKS.

Mike Moore
02-18-2014, 01:25 PM
The mini-class are great! Very informative.

It's awesome to have all these folks in one place to work with.

It's really a GREAT time! Knowledgeable peeps.

Did I mention it's usually about 72-74 degrees?

This is "the" No.1 detailing event of 2014.

Don't miss this one.

Jaretr1
02-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Oh of course everything will be done before I hit the road.

They usually have a car wash station set up behind the building to wash cars pre show.

Skimmer0220
02-18-2014, 03:46 PM
sigh...another year and another year I wont be able to go :( maybe next year

Meghan
02-18-2014, 04:11 PM
sigh...another year and another year I wont be able to go :( maybe next year

You will be sorry...:laughing:

chrislorl
02-18-2014, 07:50 PM
It's not as close for us, about 3 hours drive. So some more details would be great for first timers.
1: Whats the best way to clean up the car after the ride down there. I see something about a wash bay but I am sure there will be a long line.
2: If you paid for the registration, how does that work? Special area when you arrive, someone to see, secret hand shake?
3: Important stuff, drinks, eats, and more? Party afterwards?
4: Is there a schedule yet on classes, demos, ect?

Jaretr1
02-19-2014, 01:39 PM
It's not as close for us, about 3 hours drive. So some more details would be great for first timers.
1: Whats the best way to clean up the car after the ride down there. I see something about a wash bay but I am sure there will be a long line.
2: If you paid for the registration, how does that work? Special area when you arrive, someone to see, secret hand shake?
3: Important stuff, drinks, eats, and more? Party afterwards?
4: Is there a schedule yet on classes, demos, ect?

Meghan can correct me if I am wrong, but there has always been a fully equipped car wash station behind AG for car cleaning pre show. Last year it was sponsored by Mothers and had a bunch of their products to use. There were about 3 stations set up and I never had to wait, there was always at least one open. Assuming its the same this year, should not be a problem.

There will be a registration tent with your name on a list and a registration packet. This is a well run, quite organized show.

Food vendors are present. Last year there was a gourmet hotdog truck, a pizza vendor, a grill, ice cream etc and a tent with tables to enjoy all of this.

Class schedule is coming soon according to Meghan.

And no, I dont work for AG, I just play an employee on TV :)

Meghan
02-19-2014, 02:24 PM
Thank you Jaret, you covered it all well, we will have the wash station sponsored by Mothers like last year. I will list the food vendors today as well.