PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy Nitrile gloves

Pages : [1] 2

T3 AutoDetails
06-26-2013, 07:17 AM
Hello Geeks,

I just noticed i'm low (like 6 pair) and cannot wait on the shipping with AG as I have vehicles waiting and need to know where you guys are going to get your Nitrile gloves locally.

Doesn't have to be some xxxx quanity because I love the black ones AG sells and it goes with my everyday detailing look with my black golfs/polo/shoes/socks/hat (Yes I know it's crazy to detail in all black but it looks sharp with my logo I have).

So in short, where are you guys going when you run into a crunch like this? Thanks all help is greatly appreciated.

dooyaunastan
06-26-2013, 07:25 AM
You can usually find them at Home Depot and maybe even your local grocery store if you're lucky. Also consider auto parts stores, home improvement stores, etc..

jsgntulok
06-26-2013, 07:32 AM
Sams, Harbor Freight, Costco, Wal-Mart, any drugstore.

Setec Astronomy
06-26-2013, 07:45 AM
I'm told Harbor Freight is the place to go, but I haven't bought any there.

T3 AutoDetails
06-26-2013, 08:08 AM
You can usually find them at Home Depot and maybe even your local grocery store if you're lucky. Also consider auto parts stores, home improvement stores, etc..

Ok Thanks :xyxthumbs: I live in a not so populated state (not even 1 mil statewide) but we do have a home depot locally i'll check them out and see.

Sams, Harbor Freight, Costco, Wal-Mart, any drugstore.

Got a Sams, no HF costco and my drugstores don't carry Nitrile gloves just medical kind with that chalk crap in it which tear easy. Thanks for the tip :props:

I'm told Harbor Freight is the place to go, but I haven't bought any there.

Wish we had one, Every HF purchase is an online deal for me and I need somewhere I can get them like yesterday lmao. Will keep in mind for future reference though thanks :xyxthumbs:

Setec Astronomy
06-26-2013, 08:10 AM
Wish we had one, Every HF purchase is an online deal for me and I need somewhere I can get them like yesterday lmao. Will keep in mind for future reference though thanks :xyxthumbs:

Yeah, we never had a store around here until a year or so ago.

erichaley
06-26-2013, 08:15 AM
Harbor Freight has 3, 5, 7, and 9 mil nitrile gloves in three or four different sizes. I have the 7 mil ones that are a dark purple color (not very flattering...). They came in a box of 50 for $10. The 9 mil ones are black, and, in my opinion, seemed overly thick. For comparison, the ones AG sells are 5 mils on the palms and 6 mils on the fingertips. HF's 5 mil gloves are baby blue. I think I'd rather have the AG ones, but the HF ones will work in a pinch. As I write this, I'm looking at my dry, cracked hands, kicking myself for not putting on gloves while detailing last night...

c8n
06-26-2013, 08:16 AM
I think I've even seen some at Duane Reade

erichaley
06-26-2013, 08:18 AM
I believe I've seen them at some of the big chain auto part stores... May not be black, but they're still nitrile.

T3 AutoDetails
06-26-2013, 08:20 AM
Yeah, we never had a store around here until a year or so ago.

Sweet wish they would build one here! I can't complain when I came here in 2006 the town has doubled in population from about 75-85k to a 160k now and things are being build year round and we are getting more. Sad part is, Sioux Falls is the biggest town in the whole state. Most towns are under 3k population so in the top 10 most populated the numbers are crazy from 1-10 hell even 1-5 because 5 is about 29k population lol.

To think I was born and raised in Palm Beach County, FL for the first 19 years of my life until I moved here on a limb with a friend for work ( Logged trees for 9 years). Now when I go back to Palm Beach it's like wow! Too much traffic and non sense. I love the slow quiet peacefulness of SD which I never would have known about had I not made the move hoping for better. It turned out great and now i'm detailing FT.

T3 AutoDetails
06-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Harbor Freight has 3, 5, 7, and 9 mil nitrile gloves in three or four different sizes. I have the 7 mil ones that are a dark purple color (not very flattering...). They came in a box of 50 for $10. The 9 mil ones are black, and, in my opinion, seemed overly thick. For comparison, the ones AG sells are 5 mils on the palms and 6 mils on the fingertips. HF's 5 mil gloves are baby blue. I think I'd rather have the AG ones, but the HF ones will work in a pinch. As I write this, I'm looking at my dry, cracked hands, kicking myself for not putting on gloves while detailing last night...

Yea I think I will give them a shot in my next online inventory order (Just been so hectic and work overload lately) Seems I get home and wash my towels for the following day and I pass out to wake up and do it all over again. Bad thing is we don't have a HF I would need to leave state.

I have just been so tired lately with all the work that's coming in but I want to make sure it stays this way before hiring my first employee and moving to a shop location (mobile right now). Yesterday for example I started at 6:15am and didn't walk in my door until almost 11. By the time I soaked/washed/dried all my towels and cleaned all my interior and exterior brushes and got some chemicals diluted for today it was almost 2am and I was up today at 6am.

Just not going to start on this detail until noon today because I need some time to just lay on the couch and rest with some Tv/ AG reading lol. Well And I need to go buy some gloves some where. Prob should update my website pictures and facebook pictures but I already told myself i'm going to do that Friday mourning since we have a huge auto event going on for the weekend starting Friday afternoon which leaves plenty of time in the mourning. I took all 3 days off because It would be stupid for me not to attend seeing as how demographics here are all old classic muscle and last year was a blowout. Over 1200 pre 1970 cars 500 modern day muscle and there is always bikes. So I took the days off to enjoy the event but also try and pick up some more local business and get known a little more in the classic market.

I think I've even seen some at Duane Reade

I have no idea what that is.

I believe I've seen them at some of the big chain auto part stores... May not be black, but they're still nitrile.

Cool we got a few around :dblthumb2: i'll have to check into it. For the time being I don't care about color just need them to last until I order inventory Monday then i'm sure they will just be put away as back ups in case it happens again.

Klasse Act
06-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Costco has gloves cheap!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

nighthawk7293
06-26-2013, 09:49 AM
I see from your profile you're in SD. Walgreens should have nitrile gloves in the first aid section. I think there's a few in sioux falls.

Duane Reade is just a drugstore chain in new york city

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

erichaley
06-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Sweet wish they would build one here! I can't complain when I came here in 2006 the town has doubled in population from about 75-85k to a 160k now and things are being build year round and we are getting more. Sad part is, Sioux Falls is the biggest town in the whole state. Most towns are under 3k population so in the top 10 most populated the numbers are crazy from 1-10 hell even 1-5 because 5 is about 29k population lol.

To think I was born and raised in Palm Beach County, FL for the first 19 years of my life until I moved here on a limb with a friend for work ( Logged trees for 9 years). Now when I go back to Palm Beach it's like wow! Too much traffic and non sense. I love the slow quiet peacefulness of SD which I never would have known about had I not made the move hoping for better. It turned out great and now i'm detailing FT.

The nearest HF to you is in Sioux City (my home town). I doubt you want to drive 90 miles for some gloves though... LOL I currently live in Lincoln, but I'll actually be up in Sioux City next week.

T3 AutoDetails
06-26-2013, 11:32 AM
The nearest HF to you is in Sioux City (my home town). I doubt you want to drive 90 miles for some gloves though... LOL I currently live in Lincoln, but I'll actually be up in Sioux City next week.

Right , I never go south hardly but always up into MN and East Iowa since there both a jump away from me. I have a few buddys that live in Sioux City though so maybe I can have one of them pick me up some things and bring them up for the 4th of July bbq! Good to know never knew one was that close (can you tell I don't go south lmao). Thanks a million! I have always just order HF online.:props: