PDA

View Full Version : Paste wax surprise/fail

Pages : [1] 2 3

02CAMSS
06-26-2013, 05:12 AM
I'm curious to know what some of your experiences have been in the world of paste wax as I have owned a ton of them in the past eight years an have formed my own opinions which leads me to the following question. Name me one paste wax that you have purchased that left you flat and disappointed that you had high expectations for and one that you purchased expecting nothing that left you with a great impression? I'll start...

DODO Juice Rainforest rub ...left me flat and let down

Max Wax.. Expected nothing and ended up always having some on hand for its nice wet glow..(Tie) Nattys Red ..
Made my car look like a bass boat with all the flake pop....

BuckeyeR/T
06-26-2013, 06:48 AM
Made my car look like a bass boat with all the flake pop....

Great description! :dblthumb2:

KneeDragr
06-26-2013, 07:01 AM
Letdown : Dodo Supernatural Hybrid, didnt enjoy the application experience or the durability.

Surprise : Griots Paste, slick wet look, easy to apply, lasts almost as long as a sealant.

GenesisCoupe
06-26-2013, 07:10 AM
Letdown: Zymol Cleaner Wax - Super hard to remove, it dries way too quick, couldn't even finish a panel..

Surprise: DoDo Juice Orange Crush - Very slick, brilliant shine and gloss, easy on/off

yakky
06-26-2013, 09:34 AM
Letdown: Fuzion, expensive, durability isn't great, neither are the looks. The smell is great and its easy to work with.
Surprise: Megs Ultimate Paste, durable, stays slick wash after wash, fills swirls, looks great and its cheap!

cleanmycorolla
06-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Letdown: p21s I saw so many positives, but it just wasn't for me, left the car shiny but nothing spectacular

Surprise: DP Max Wax Version 2, right before the current black one. IMO, for the price, and application, can't be beat. It really made my flakes pop, and gave my car an incredibly deep wet look, i was amazed.

Superman0440
06-26-2013, 10:20 AM
Letdown cg Celeste

Surprise meg ultimate wax

Theo_Auto_Fines
06-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Letdown cg Celeste

Surprise meg ultimate wax

I knew that the CG Celeste was a hype.

Dogfather
06-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Surprise: Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba.
Excellent value.

dlc95
06-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Letdown: Zymol Cleaner Wax - Super hard to remove, it dries way too quick, couldn't even finish a panel..

Surprise: DoDo Juice Orange Crush - Very slick, brilliant shine and gloss, easy on/off

I used to use that Zymol CW all the time. Microfiber was useless against it, I had to use cotton terry cloths to pull it off. I also wiped it off immediately after application. It also stains trim, and dusts like crazy. I didn't mind the results though. And of course it smelled amazing!

ihaveacamaro
06-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Letdown: Fuzion. That stuff sheets water SLOWER than a clean un waxed hood.

Surprise: Mother's Pure Carnauba Paste Wax

dlc95
06-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Meguiar's Ultimate Wax, and Turtle Wax Ice Paste were suprises for me. They both have great longevity, and beading when I've seen them used. Duragloss was also a big suprise as well. I had no idea they were as capable as they are. We, those are all sealants. Wax wise, Zymol Carbon was a suprise the first time I used it.

Fail. Kit Carnauba Wax. Didn't look to protect at all.

slimnib
06-26-2013, 11:23 AM

I believe that Zymol Cleaner Was is made by Turtle wax. Check the label

WAXOFF
06-26-2013, 11:27 AM
Letdown: anything ICE brand.

Surprise: WDGPS.

GenesisCoupe
06-26-2013, 12:48 PM
I used to use that Zymol CW all the time. Microfiber was useless against it, I had to use cotton terry cloths to pull it off. I also wiped it off immediately after application. It also stains trim, and dusts like crazy. I didn't mind the results though. And of course it smelled amazing!

Everything you said was true, i used it for the first time in a while not too long ago as i don't have much use for a cleaner wax. It does smell good though :)

I believe that Zymol Cleaner Was is made by Turtle wax. Check the label

I'll look into that, i bought it about 1.5-2 years ago . Thanks