PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgangs 8oz Swirl Remover

Pages : [1] 2

chosenone
06-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Going to do some swirl and paint correction this weekend for the first time using a griots RA and Wolfgangs Swirl remover. I am working on my 2009 Black Cadillac CTS-V. Will I be able to finish the job with an 8 oz bottle of the Wolfgangs or will I need more?

OZD 35
06-25-2013, 03:54 PM
That's what I used for my first correction and I had probably half a bottle, maybe more left over. Great stuff and very easy to use! I would suggest following up the total swirl remover with the finishing glaze.

swanicyouth
06-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Yes that's plenty. If you use more than half the bottle your using too much.

mikesal57
06-25-2013, 04:35 PM
in my opinion.....
if this is your first correction to the 2009, this WG treatment might be too weak...
I did my 09 rav4 and wasn't happy..
I got happy after I used Meg UC

mike

I learned a lot from the Junkman's videos...give it a go
you only need a few drops of product with the DA

chosenone
06-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the help and advice.
This is what I am facing. Not to bad, but very much noticable.
anybody have any advice on working on the small angled lines of the car.

john b
06-25-2013, 05:34 PM
get yourself some 3 inch or 4 inch pads

mikesal57
06-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Keep us advised on how it goes

I have the same set up as you..GG and WG Duo

good luck
mike

make sure to wash and clay!!
I got polishing pal and some Constant Pressure Hi-Gloss 4 Inch orange pads ( which is on close-out) to do what GG doesnt

Harry Da Hamster
06-25-2013, 09:01 PM

Your swirls are really not that bad. I would suspect Wolfgang Swirl Remover is way too aggressive. If you care about your clear coat, i would suggest the least evasive approach first. Use Wolfgang Finishing Glaze first with a polishing pad. If you really need to use WG Swirl Remover, finish it with the two i suggested to remove any haze.

Setec Astronomy
06-25-2013, 09:20 PM
Your swirls are really not that bad. I would suspect Wolfgang Swirl Remover is way too aggressive.

TSR is what, SF4000? I disagree that's too aggressive for hard GM clear.

chosenone
06-26-2013, 10:30 AM
I did a test spot, mind you this was the first time I have turned the machine on "griots" so I obvisouly wasnt putting enough pressure and had the speed at like 3. A little scary first time out of the box. I read all of Mikes tips and tricks on usage advice and know what and how I am supposed to use it, but gotta get comfortable first that im not going to bore a hole through the hood of the car. So with my poor technique first time using it, the section I made a pass on looked better than the section I didnt so I am thinking with taking my time and using the right techniques I should be good to go. So whats the consensus, is the Swirl Remover ok for the GM Clear?

Harry Da Hamster
06-26-2013, 11:35 AM
TSR is what, SF4000?
wrong

VP Mark
06-26-2013, 11:38 AM
The product will be fine and enough, the pad selection you use will determine a lot of the cut you get. That is a hard clear so I suggest a minimum orange cutting pad, preferably MF cutting pad.

mbret2004
06-26-2013, 12:08 PM
I finally got my Silverado straightened out. An orange pad and WGTSR and it looks better than new. As Mark stated, the WGTSR cut is determined by the pad the user selects.

As you get the pad primed, you only need three pea sized dots on your pad to continue polishing.

It's good you have been reading, the information presented on this site has helped me so much with my issues. When I stare at my truck it's unbelievable how nice it looks and the sense of accomplishment is priceless.

Next is figuring out how to post pics!

chosenone
06-26-2013, 12:09 PM
I have some CCS Orange Light cutting pads and also some White pads. I plan on hand applying my other products after I correct the paint. I have the forum favorite kit that includes the Klasse AIO and the Klasse High Gloss as well as the Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax. Its probably overkill after the paint correction but I have already planned this detail job for myself to be a 3 day event lol.

Setec Astronomy
06-26-2013, 07:01 PM
wrong

Thanks for being helpful. From another thread:

TSR similar to Super Intensive Polish
FG is similar to 106FA

So, Wolfgang TSR is SIP, which is a medium polish, which I still contend is not too aggressive for the swirls in that rock-hard GM clear, particularly since half the members here would start with M105 on those swirls.