PDA

View Full Version : Does using the Optimum Hyper Compound/Polish mean less taping?

Coyote33
06-25-2013, 11:42 AM
I am considering trying these and wondered if it means that using these liquids that "don't dust or cake", does that mean you don't have to tape as much as you would using M105 or M101?

RhetoricMixes
06-25-2013, 12:11 PM
I use Hyper Polish with a tangerine hydro tech pad on 90% of all the vehicles I do. I tape anyways since i know it doesnt stain but I would rather avoid getting anything on the trim anyway. I dont have any experience with Hyper Compound though.

ChrisJ
06-25-2013, 12:23 PM
IMHO it means the same amount of taping. I had v1 of both and really didn't like them and have not tried them again for that reason. I stick with menzerna

silverfox
06-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Taping the car isn't what I'd be worried about... It would be the spray polish being slung on the floor, on me, etc.

I love optimum products but I really can't tolerate the mess they make.

StoneRaizer
06-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Hyper Compound and Hyper Polish don't dust or cake, but trying to use their spray nozzle is a royal PITA. The best solution I've found is to pull the trigger slowly on the pad and try to get a bead of product instead of a wide spray. It's the reason why I've stuck with PoliSeal instead of trying the sprayable GPS.

Boudin
06-26-2013, 09:49 PM
Lol they are definitely messy to use but I do like them for a water based compound/polish. I still tape the trim though.

StuDLei
07-12-2013, 02:17 AM
Whatttt? Are Hyper compounds and polishes not supposed to stain trim? I've never heard of this with any compound or polish before. Are there any others? Why do you still tape trim if the don't stain??? (noob questions)