PDA

View Full Version : My first order should be here soon!

Kyle_Elantra
06-24-2013, 11:54 PM
I plan on doing the following to my car this weekend. It is still nearly brand new with no swirls that I can see.

No garage means that I will have to do this in sections as I won't have shade until 6 PM, so maybe a panel or two a day :cry:

Use Megs APC and brushes on the wheels, tires, and wheel wells at the coin op - spray off any dust while there.

ONR using two bucket method once I get it home.

Clay the paint and wheels.

I don't think any correction will be necessary, if it is I will use the Wolfgang twins.

I will be using an HF DA to apply the following (I ordered a 5" backing plate and LC 5.5" flat foam pads, and a 3" backing plate with Griots 3" orange and red pads):

Start with XMT 360.

Then DP Sealant, followed by Collinite 845. I will also use the 845 on the wheels.

I will do a test section with Megs #26, not sure what the 845 will look like.

Does this sound like a good process? I will also be doing the interior/engine bay, but those are not bad at all. The paint isn't bad, I just want to protect it.

Kyle_Elantra
06-25-2013, 08:43 AM
It's out for delivery today!

Becciasm
06-25-2013, 08:52 AM
exciting, isn't it? :)

rms64
06-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Congrats! (and I thought my first order was all I needed...not so much :D )

Looks like you have a good plan to me - definitely send up some pics! :xyxthumbs:

swanicyouth
06-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Awesome! Enjoy your stuff and take your time. Nothing sux worse then when your in a rush and you have to end up doing it 2x.

Kyle_Elantra
06-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Congrats! (and I thought my first order was all I needed...not so much :D )

I know better than to think 1 order is enough.

I've already placed 2 more with AG lol! Those should be here Thursday.

I will definitely be posting pictures.

ihaveacamaro
06-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Good luck man :)

Tyrifficdetails
06-25-2013, 09:37 AM
You sound like me! Congrats and good luck.

Becciasm
06-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Awesome! Enjoy your stuff and take your time. Nothing sux worse then when your in a rush and you have to end up doing it 2x.

yes. do not rush. I am completely guilty of not taking my time (still) haha.. patience is key. practice to gain the patience to do it right... (still learning every day)..