PDA

View Full Version : c1 and exo v2 question

mets2010
06-24-2013, 07:55 PM
i polished my car and applied c1 to it today, I want to top it with exo v2 and was wondering what is the best way and after the c1 has cured for 12 hours, do I do an IPA wipe before applying exo or will that strip the c1? thanks!

SonOfOC
06-24-2013, 08:01 PM
No need for the IPA wipe. After the C1 cure period, make sure car is lint free, then apply the EXO accordingly.

mets2010
06-24-2013, 08:10 PM
thanks, for the second coat, do you apply it after 20 min or 3 hours, ive seen it written both ways?

No need for the IPA wipe. After the C1 cure period, make sure car is lint free, then apply the EXO accordingly.

SonOfOC
06-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Wait 30 minutes to apply 2nd coat. Allow minimum of 3 hours before vehicle can get wet. Don't forget to use all new MF towels on the second coat.

kevincwelch
06-24-2013, 10:37 PM
AGO doesn't sell the Gtechniq microfiber towels (at least when viewing the AGO website listing of gtechniq offerings).

Would any buffing microfiber be fine?

Sent via Tapatalk.

SonOfOC
06-25-2013, 01:54 AM
Yes, many MF will work. I use short nap 300gsm to 360gsm. Make sure they have been washed and don't shed lint.

What I meant by my previous post is don't use the towel from the C1 application with the EXO application.

C1 towels need to be thrown away or immediately thrown in warm water with your favorite APC. Even then, I never use them on paint again and save them for tires and general purpose.

kevincwelch
06-25-2013, 07:40 AM
Yes, many MF will work. I use short nap 300gsm to 360gsm. Make sure they have been washed and don't shed lint.

What I meant by my previous post is don't use the towel from the C1 application with the EXO application.

C1 towels need to be thrown away or immediately thrown in warm water with your favorite APC. Even then, I never use them on paint again and save them for tires and general purpose.

Excellent.

Thanks. I was looking for the density of the microfiber. I will probably just throw them out, since I don't want to introduce the possibility of problems.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2