PDA

View Full Version : I hate my Brinkmann

allenk4
06-24-2013, 03:10 PM
I thought I was getting close to 90% correction on my Black Yukon.

The Brinkmann exposed me!

Seriously though, a great tool, that will drive you "Black Paint Insane"

rmagnus
06-24-2013, 03:29 PM
LOL chase'n the shine!

c8n
06-24-2013, 03:30 PM
What you don't know, won't hurt you.
But it's too late for that now.... you already know!

Eh... the sun would have exposed the defects anyways. :)

MarkD51
06-24-2013, 03:33 PM
I believe as Mike Phillips refers to them, as, "The Cruel Master". LOL

I myself don't have the Brinkman, but knew I might as well be blindfolded, and working blind, trying to correct paint without some form of lighting aid, especially on my White Tahoe.

Thus, I bought a couple of 500W Halogen cheapies from Home Depot to help out. One permanently mounting overhead on my Carport, and the other on a stand that could be positioned wherever I needed it.

They helped considerably, but have their downsides, being that they are not as convenient as a hand held, and they do generate a good deal of heat also.

Combine that with with already warm temps, and they can create an uncomfortable situation. I might've even gotten a suntan in the process also?!

One of these days, I'm gonna spring for the easier to use Brinkman.
Mark

allenk4
06-24-2013, 07:09 PM
I honestly believe that the Brinkmann is BETTER than the sun for exposing defects.

I can only see defects using the sun when it hits the area just right. With the Brinkmann, I can scour the vehicle wherever it is and manipulate the light so that it bounces back to my eyes perfectly.

I saw tiny water spots and streaks left after final wipedown, that I have never seen.

Great tool

spence
06-24-2013, 09:11 PM
I have found a corded Halogen Light that can be detached from its tri-pod and swept over the car to be invaluable for detecting swirls and polish that was not buffed off (before applying wax or sealant) to be a invaluable tool.

hernandez.art13
06-24-2013, 11:48 PM
I've been checking almost every day, and it is still on a manufacturer back order. Any word on when it will be for sale again?

I wanna hate my Brinkmann also lol

oldmodman
06-25-2013, 12:16 AM
I hope your light lasts longer than mine did before the batteries fail. I only got five recharges before the batteries would no longer hold a charge. And I found that replacement batteries were not available.
I am going to attempt to find some sub "C" cells that will fit into the handle to get it working again. The factory battery pack is a custom made peculiar shaped pack.

tnxm42
06-25-2013, 12:32 AM
Im almost scared to get one, but It will be here soon

allenk4
06-25-2013, 06:00 AM
I purchased the non-rechargeable one Brinkmann Tuff Max Dual LED Swirl Finder Spotlight, Brinkmann LED Spotlight, Brinkman flashlight (http://www.autogeek.net/brinkmann-dual-led-spotlight.html)

I had to step out of AG to find one

Mike Phillips
06-25-2013, 06:16 AM
I believe as Mike Phillips refers to them, as, "The Cruel Master". LOL

That's right...

The Cruel Master

I love these lights, and not only do they work great for inspecting for swirls but they also work great for marketing and as a long lasting, reliable flashlight.

Nothing but good to say about these lights...

If you haven't read the story behind these lights, check it out by clicking the link below, I think you'll recognize some of the people behind the story....

The story behind the Brinkmann Swirl Finder Light aka The Cruel Master (http://www.autogeek.net/brinkmann-swirl-finder-light-review.html)

:dblthumb2: