PDA

View Full Version : What semi to full boutique wax for dark blue paint?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

MrOneEyedBoh
06-21-2013, 11:43 PM
Hey guys,
What I'm after is a wax up to 125 bucks. I'm currently using colly845 and I do like it. But I'd be interested to try out a semi to full boutique wax just for shits and giggles. I have a dark blue f250 that's a daily driver and sits outside. I used opti-seal and wasn't too crazy about it. But I have more recently seen the blackfire sealant and montan wax ... Any help would be appreciated.

Here is my thread on the trucks detailing and pictures...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/65387-my-trucks-progress-what-i-used-all-thanks-bobbyg-56k-warning-still-possible-haha.html

sproketser
06-22-2013, 05:02 AM
Dodo Juice waxes are pretty good , Auto Finesse Spirit , Passion , Wolfgang Fuzion are some examples here .

silverfox
06-22-2013, 05:24 AM
Seems the rage right now is Blackfire Black Ice. However the day is young.

inDetail
06-22-2013, 06:23 AM
I'm not a big made for certain color waxes fan. If I'm dropping serious cash on a tub I want it to work on everything. I detail for money so my stash is all "works on all colors." With that said some will look better then others on certain colors then others. That's why I have a few. Right now I have CG Pete's 53 and 50/50. P21s 100. I'm going to add a Bouncers because I'm picking up more motorcycles and garage queens here and there. If it's your daily driver you really don't need to drop $ on a wax. My preference for $$$ on a daily driver that will give you long protection and good looks would be Bouncer's 22, Vanilla Ice CG E-Zyme. With the longevity of Vanilla Ice taking the cake. Keep in mind you may want to put a sealant on under the wax because she's an outside car. Nuba is a wax and does melt in the heat and oil residues left in the wax evaporate. Your hard work will last longer if you use a sealant. Then after a wash put a coat of wax on.
Just a quick note if you order the CG E-zyme is $$$ and is only made during certain time of the year in limited quantities. I believe mid summer is when they cook it. I would order it direct from CG so you know your tub is fresh.

swanicyouth
06-22-2013, 06:41 AM
If its on sale, get Fuzion. To save a few bucks, Dodo's Blue Velevet Pro. If you get the BVP, make sure to get their Red Mist Detailer - its unbelievably awesome.

Lost Highway
06-22-2013, 07:28 AM
There are many good choices. I would lean toward Bouncer's Satsuma Rock, Rubbish Boy's Juiced Edition (it is a crime that AG isn't keeping this in stock) or Victoria Wax Concours Red for that color. I haven't used Auto Finesse Spirit but I hear great things about it. It is, however, just above your price range.

I've only used it once so far but Black ICE gets a "meh" from me. Not a $150 wax IMO, not even close. I like Midnight Sun better.

Wheelzntoys
06-22-2013, 07:48 AM
845 as your base wax and Capture the Rapture as a topping.

You end up with a long lasting wax and a show wax.

umi000
06-22-2013, 07:49 AM
There are many good choices. I would lean toward Bouncer's Satsuma Rock, Rubbish Boy's Juiced Edition (it is a crime that AG isn't keeping this in stock) or Victoria Wax Concours Red for that color. I haven't used Auto Finesse Spirit but I hear great things about it. It is, however, just above your price range.

I've only used it once so far but Black ICE gets a "meh" from me. Not a $150 wax IMO, not even close. I like Midnight Sun better.

This - RBJE is just a great product, and is criminally overlooked far too often. I'm planning to get another jar, and since AG doesn't keep it in stock, I'll gladly pay to have it shipped from the UK.

KenR
06-22-2013, 09:16 AM
Dodo Juice waxes are pretty good , Auto Finesse Spirit , Passion , Wolfgang Fuzion are some examples here .

+1 on the Dodo Juice. Their Blue Velvet and Purple Haze formulas contain montan wax, which is made for darker colored cars. Have used the Purple Haze with nice results on my wife's dark blue BMW.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AG Online

02CAMSS
06-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Pete's 53
Max wax
SS II
Nattys blue or red

All of the above I think you will like and not feel that you have wasted money ..

SON1C
06-22-2013, 11:07 AM
blue velvet is an awesome wax if you want a deep wet look

at the least I'd pickup a sample pot of blue velvet to see what I mean

signature series II is a great all around wax and I love it on ford paint
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/59007-son1c-synopsis-20-pinnacle-natural-brilliance-signature-series-ii-paste-wax-review-picture-heavy-d-featuring-dodo-juice-mothers-chemical-guys.html

banana armour is an awesome wax too, idk if it'd bring much to the table for you on looks (as its designed for lighter / warmer finishes etc) but the beads are great
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/58834-son1c-synopsis-18-dodo-juice-banana-armour-carnauba-wax-review.html

can't go wrong with petes 53 but watch out for your trim with it, and durability is quite stout on it!
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/59691-son1c-synopsis-26-papasmurf-chemical-guys-pete-s-53-black-pearl-signature-liquid-crystal-polymer-white-carnauba-paste-wax-review.html

Klasse Act
06-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Hey guys,
What I'm after is a wax up to 125 bucks. I'm currently using colly845 and I do like it. But I'd be interested to try out a semi to full boutique wax just for shits and giggles. I have a dark blue f250 that's a daily driver and sits outside. I used opti-seal and wasn't too crazy about it. But I have more recently seen the blackfire sealant and montan wax ... Any help would be appreciated.

Here is my thread on the trucks detailing and pictures...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/65387-my-trucks-progress-what-i-used-all-thanks-bobbyg-56k-warning-still-possible-haha.html

Since you like Collinite #845 have you thought about trying their #915 Concours wax? Its about $33.00 and you'd save enough money to buy the #476 to apply on the truck for winter.....and still have a lot of money left over! I have/use #845 and based on the results will be buying #915/476 in the near future, no doubt about it.

As far as "boutique" waxes go, well I have Fuzion in my collection and I do like how it goes on and off and to be honest, I applied it as my LSP last fall and it held up great over the winter, still had a great shine and the car always cleaned up well. I bought the mini size and since a little does go a long way with this wax its the way to go IMO. You get to use a "boutique" wax and it doesn't break the bank.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Soundwave
06-22-2013, 11:57 AM
My vote is going to go with Dodo Blue Velvet/Purple Haze pro wax. I did it on my car and she looks awesome!

Also +1 on the Tropical Red Mist Detailer as well. Well woth the money!

My $0.02

Sent from my SGH-I317M using AG Online

cleanmycorolla
06-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Lusso Oro
Fuzion
CG 5050
BFMS

Some of my favs

Klasse Act
06-22-2013, 12:02 PM
I'm going to get real small size of the DoDo Juice Purple Haze pro to try it out and also because I'm a HUGE Hendrix fan, LOL. My car is Storm Silver Metallic, so its not really dark but for a silver it isn't light either. We'll see how it goes down the road!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online