PDA

View Full Version : Can DLux Be Used on Paint?

swanicyouth
06-21-2013, 06:42 PM
So, I'm guessing the answer is "yes", since it can be used on wheels and they are clear coated. But, not sure if there is a big difference between DLux and CQuartz.

I planned on picking some up to use on the plastic wiper cowling on both my cars. On one car, the wiper arms are somewhat dull and I was planning on getting a wiper arm puller and pulling the arms and polishing them to a high gloss. I did this to the rear wiper and it came out great.

Can DLux be used like CQuartz to protect the single stage black paint that is on wiper arms? I just put Powelock on the rear wiper arm I did.

Setec Astronomy
06-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Not to go too far off topic, but I don't think you need a puller anymore, seems like the new wipers are not on a splined shaft, but have a serrated coned washer and are friction fit. Of course that may vary by make/model.

02xtreme07SS
06-22-2013, 12:39 PM
I use it on wiper arms and don't notice any difference in look or durability from adjacent rubber and plastic parts that I have treated with it.

MarkD51
06-22-2013, 01:48 PM
As for doing the Wiper Cowls with CQuartz DLX, I think you'll be quite pleased with the results. I was.

As for the Wiper Arms, again, I think CQ DLX will have advantages, and provide a better look.

I have done such on my Tahoe not but a few weeks back with CQ DLX, which all three Arms were new replacements about 5 months ago, the originals were just too far gone (consider the truck is a 1997) It worked well.

I've tried other products, such as many of the WOWA Sealants, such as WGDGLS, UPGP, Optimum Opti-Seal, and didn't think these worked as well on some other trim pieces like Wiper Arms on my other vehicle (Kia).

Seems like specific Trim Products have worked better for me personally, and in fact did the Kia's Wiper Arms, and Wiper Cowl just earlier with UTTG and they came out pretty nice. Mark

swanicyouth
06-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Not to go too far off topic, but I don't think you need a puller anymore, seems like the new wipers are not on a splined shaft, but have a serrated coned washer and are friction fit. Of course that may vary by make/model.

I'm not a wiper puller kind of guy. Its on my 01 Pathfinder. Usually, I can get them off. I pulled, yanked, twisted, and rocked - no go. I even beat it with a rubber mallet. No good.

Anyway I ordered the DLux, along with a gallon of Citrus Red from those peddlers of sin - CG.

Boudin
06-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Plasti dip the wiper arms. Gives it a nice matte black that is durable and never needs treating. I pulled my last 3 vehicles arms off and PD'd them, they look brand new even after years of use with nothing more then the normal car wash.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

swanicyouth
06-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Plasti dip the wiper arms. Gives it a nice matte black that is durable and never needs treating. I pulled my last 3 vehicles arms off and PD'd them, they look brand new even after years of use with nothing more then the normal car wash.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I had my experiment with PD and don't like it. I polished the rear one to high gloss and I like the look.

Here's the polished one:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/23/qazuhyne.jpg

Here's the one I'm going to pull to polish. Polishing on the car will make a huge mess I'm sure.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/23/yty8ypu7.jpg

I found this puller at Pep Boys for $10. Should work perfect to get them off:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/23/9y5u9a3u.jpg

Then while they are off, it should be a lot easier to clean and coat the cowling plastic and the arms themselves.