PDA

View Full Version : First Wash, Polish and Wax. Now what?

Fiat500
06-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Hey guys. Just finished my first detail of my fiat 500. I washed with optimum no rinse. Polished with poorboys polish and seal. Finally, i waxed with collinite 845.

So, my question is, what now? How often do I need to re polish and Wax? How about wash?

Finally, how do I clean my towels and applicators? I have both Microfiber and red foam pads.

Thanks guys!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

BradsDetailing
06-21-2013, 02:01 PM
I clean everything right after I use them. I don't wash the drying towels with anything else to prevent any waxes from making them useless.

Wash and wax when it needs it. As long as you play it safe you shouldn't have to polish it often. I usually wash after a rain and nver before. You should only have to wax twice a year with 845. When the water stops beading then it's time to re-wax.

Fiat500
06-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Would washing the towels and and foam applicator with regular laundry soap work? Or should I use something like dawn and wash by hand

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Harry Da Hamster
06-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Depends on how meticulous you are. I've owned my car for two months now. Applied Menzerna Power Lock to seal the paint and its already been twice since i topped with Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax. Keep in mind Souveran Paste Wax doesn't last very long and applying Collinite 845 at the same frequency will be excessive.

07gtcs
06-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Buy some dedicated microfiber cleaner to wash your towels with.

Evan.J
06-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Ultimately the goal is to polish once and then to maintain the swirl and scratch free finish for life. Now is that totally possible? Not really and if its a daily driver that would be very tough. So whats the next best thing? Doing your best to take all the proper measures to keep you car looking its best.

Always use proper washing and drying techniques

Using a quick detailer or spray waxes to maintain a smooth, slick, and shiny finish.

Using the proper tools while cleaning and maintaing your finish.

Hope thats helps!

BradsDetailing
06-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Buy some dedicated microfiber cleaner to wash your towels with.

This

Otherwise google home made laundry detergent. It's the most in-expensive laundry detergent you can buy and I use it when washing my microfibers and they turn out clean. Don't use fabric softener. Add vinegar into the final rinse cup/tray to help rid of any excess detergent.