PDA

View Full Version : Detailers/Geeks near Frederick MD?

Kyle_Elantra
06-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Just looking for like minded people to discuss my new hobby with, and maybe meet up.

New to the forum, new to detailing this in depth, and new to the area as well.

I don't have a hose or a shaded area - but I am more than willing to provide beer! I will absolutely take advantage of a shaded area if you're willing to share :dblthumb2:, but that's not what I'm looking for with this post.

I'm mainly looking for people to talk to and maybe advise me to make sure I don't ruin the paint on my new car. People to talk to about products and techniques...I'm doing this alone right now and sometimes I feel overwhelmed!

My wife doesn't mind my new obsession but she couldn't be less interested.

ken tuep
06-21-2013, 02:30 PM
I'm stationed at Andrews afb. About 40 minutes away..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

sn0w
06-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Come on down next weekend :)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/63027-northern-virginia-team-detail-anyone.html

Kyle_Elantra
06-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Oh wow that's tempting. That's only about an hour away.

I will see if I can find my wife a ride to and from work next Saturday.

tuscarora dave
06-21-2013, 05:57 PM
You could come up to my shop sometime and chat and observe or even help with this Corvette project I'm working on currently. I'm about an hour or less from Fredrick as I recall. I used to have to go to Fredrick to repo cars back in the day. Is fredrick below Hanover PA?

Kyle_Elantra
06-21-2013, 06:03 PM
South West of Hanover.

Google says Etters is about an hour and a half away.
About 60 miles on 15 and 9 miles on I-83.

Definitely worth the drive - I read your topic about the Corvette.

tuscarora dave
06-21-2013, 06:27 PM
South West of Hanover.

Google says Etters is about an hour and a half away.
About 60 miles on 15 and 9 miles on I-83.
Definitely worth the drive - I read your topic about the Corvette.
You could learn a thing or two up here. I've definitely got a passion for the craft and I don't mind sharing the knowledge when I can make time. I always have something here that can use some polising and I have a few different polishers to use for demonstrating / teaching.

Kyle_Elantra
06-21-2013, 06:55 PM
On my way!

Are you open on weekends? Or do you have a slow day that works best?

Sunday and usually Tuesday works for me. Still waiting on my first (and now second) AG orders to arrive.

tuscarora dave
06-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Yeah weekends are best for me but tomorrow I'm going to a pig roast and won't be back to the shop until around 5pm or so. Sometimes I have slow days throughout the week too. You never really know. The calls come in the work gets done then sometimes you wait.

I don't usually have a very high volume of work like some shops. We can get together if you let me know when you're thinking about coming up this way. Click on my website link below and give me a call sometime when you think you want to make the trip.

Kyle_Elantra
06-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Sounds good. If I don't get to go to the Virginia meet up next weekend then I may be free to come up next Sunday.

tuscarora dave
06-23-2013, 08:31 AM
Sounds good. If I don't get to go to the Virginia meet up next weekend then I may be free to come up next Sunday.

Sounds good, just let me know if you'll be coming and I'll be sure to have some sort of project to get involved in so you can get some time on the polishers with a few different types of products. When you get me started talking about detailing sometimes you just can't shut me up.. Completely obsessed at times.

tuscarora dave
06-28-2013, 07:03 AM
I'll be milling around the shop all weekend this weekend, working on compounding/polishing this 79 Corvette and also polishing up a small older school bus. The school bus would be a good project for anyone in the area that wants to get the feel for running polishers. PM sent also.

tuscarora dave
06-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Kyle, It was a lot of fun having you at the shop today!! Glad you got to run all the polishers and have a good day learning a few tricks of the trade. I'm certain you'll pick up a great technique in very short order.

You're welcome back anytime!! Thanks again for dinner too!!:hungry:

Kyle_Elantra
06-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Thanks Dave!
I had a blast learning from you, and we went over some things that never even crossed my mind. I feel very comfortable with a rotary now, and before I never would have bought one.

Thanks for letting me try before I buy lol.

Dinner was the least I could do to repay you for your time.

SON1C
06-30-2013, 08:10 PM
Should make it down to the next NoVA detail meet!