PDA

View Full Version : Roof detailing

Yamasixx
06-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Are there any good techniques to detailing the roof? It appears quite difficult to get any leverage for the roof of my car, let alone doing anything with my truck. How do you get good leverage with a Flex? Best to just do it by hand?

Mercedes350
06-21-2013, 12:59 PM
If its a truck can't you stand in the bed and get most of the roof done

Yamasixx
06-21-2013, 01:04 PM
I can get a good chunk of it that way, but there is certainly a large area where it's difficult to reach. Maybe some of you use a ladder or something? I can get it done, but didn't know if some of you had a certain technique for it that may ease the process?

rmagnus
06-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Many use Werner Work Platform. I put two side by side and can usuall get half the roof of an SUV in one shot. If not a ladder will work.

masterpartha
06-21-2013, 03:38 PM
In case of a mobile detail service how would one carry out the roof part? And supppose its a Jeep without any loading platform or a Rangie - how would the roof be done?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yamasixx
06-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Many use Werner Work Platform. I put two side by side and can usuall get half the roof of an SUV in one shot. If not a ladder will work.

Do you find your still "extended" out and away from the vehicle still thus making it difficult to get leverage? How tall is the werner platform? Thanks!