PDA

View Full Version : Help,First Vacuuming

Pages : [1] 2

DogRescuer
06-21-2013, 06:03 AM
Hi, I have my first customer wanting a vacuming done, trunk included. I know this sounds "simple" to you pros, but if you can be patient with a newbie I would appreciate it. So my question is ((i hope i word this right) when vacuuming out a customers ride how do you decide or know whats "garbage" or junk to them. If the trunk is full do I just empty it clean it and put all his crap back or what? Or if his floor is full of papers do I remove, save ppapers and return after? Need help, how do you pros handle this? Id hate to trash something thats valuable in his eyes, I want him HAPPY.

MikeN
06-21-2013, 06:14 AM
I like to use the blunt approach. I tell the customer in advance to remove everything from the vehicle and I even specify that if there are things in the trunk I won't empty it because I'm not going through their personal property. I do tend to leave whatever I take out of the vehicle in a grocery store bag and give the customer the option ti see what was in their vehicle especially if it is receipts and what not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

Allmtrh22
06-21-2013, 06:14 AM
I'm not a pro or anything but if he has receipts or something, just put all that in a pile and vacuum all the junk. If its a dirty napkin, I'm sure you're doing him a favour by throwing it out.

inDetail
06-21-2013, 06:43 AM
When I detail a client's car. Right at the bottom of my estimate it says to remove all personal items from the car. Basically everything but your insurance papers and registration. If anything not removed gets lost or damaged is not my responsibility. If they don't do it. I just get a card board box pack everything in the box "trash" and all and it goes in the trunk when the interior is done. A dirty napkin is trash crumpled up papers are trash. I do throw out obvious things. I will go out of my way to treat their personal items like my own and I will tell them when they drop the car off for the detail that it will be an extra charge and I will not put things away when I am done. ( cell phone chargers, gps holders, cd's.)

Phathooddetail
06-21-2013, 07:07 AM
in my experience 9 times out of 10 they are coming to you for this reason. I try to get the car back to its original state so if the charger is not attached it goes in the bag. If the item is not in a designated spot like it supposed to be then it goes in the bag and I differentiate trash from non-trash. This is your job to clean yeah it sucks but it is your job. Whether the customer makes it easier for you or not its just one of those things we have to deal with. If you are not sure put in the bag and keep it moving. I havent had a customer upset that i picked up their "trash" off the floor and put it in a bag. For example like a cd laying on the floor goes in the bag, but a cd in a cd holder stays in the holder.

scrubs147
06-21-2013, 07:36 AM
Bring a box with you and place all their item in this box. You can also use a large plastic bag. When finished, place it in the trunk and be done with it. Inform the owner where his or her stuff is.

Pureshine
06-21-2013, 10:15 AM
Bring a box with you and place all their item in this box. You can also use a large plastic bag. When finished, place it in the trunk and be done with it. Inform the owner where his or her stuff is.

+1 I do this to and if there is stuff in the trunk I just pull it out vacuum real good and put it back neatly.

hernandez.art13
06-21-2013, 10:27 AM
If you find a penny or a 1 million dollar bill. Put it in the box

Sounds like you are doing great AyanKeeman1968 (props)

c8n
06-21-2013, 10:33 AM
I have nothing to add but I just wanted to say congrats on your first client!
Hope there will be more to come!

Dr_Pain
06-21-2013, 10:46 AM
+1 I do this to and if there is stuff in the trunk I just pull it out vacuum real good and put it back neatly.
+2 I cannot tell you the number of times that customers thanked me for consolidating their crap in one easy to remove box which they can go through at their leisure, at the kitchen table with the trash can handy, instead of being in the sun/heat/rain :props:

erichaley
06-21-2013, 11:58 AM
If you find a penny or a 1 million dollar bill. Put it in the box

Find a:
Penny? It goes in the garbage.
Winning PowerBall ticket? it goes in the box... that you carry your detailing equipment in.
Million dollar bill? It goes in the Secret Service's box because there isn't a million dollar bill and its obviously counterfeit!

Just kidding of course!!!

hernandez.art13
06-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Find a:
Penny? It goes in the garbage.
Winning PowerBall ticket? it goes in the box... that you carry your detailing equipment in.
Million dollar bill? It goes in the Secret Service's box because there isn't a million dollar bill and its obviously counterfeit!

Just kidding of course!!!

:)

garyg7133
06-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Clear plastic bag for the small stuff and everything that should go back is put in neatly in one spot so the rest of the trunk looks neat. Anything that a customer has in the car other than French fries under the seat was, at one time or another there for a reason and giving the customer the opportunity to go through it and see what they have in there goes a long way.

Robert8194
06-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Sometimes it requires a little judgment. For example, if I find a half eaten cookie under a seat, I assume they aren't going to eat the rest and it gets trashed. Everything I am not sure about goes in a bag and I tell the person that everything I couldn't sell on EBay is in the bag.

VP Mark
06-21-2013, 01:02 PM
If it is trash I throw it away. If it is anything but trash I put it in a bag.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online