PDA

View Full Version : Nanomit

CBlack
06-20-2013, 04:59 PM
So I bought the Nano wash mit seeing the rave reviews about it, thinking to save time.

After washing, then washing again with the nano I blew it dry, then used the guzzler to finish drying. Afterwards I did the ziploc bag test. Rough as hell.

Granted there are water spots on the paint, but still...that rough?

So I clayed anyway and there is a huge difference. I will say that the claying part didn't take as long as previously.

Question: I did not use the Nano soap. Would this have helped?

Next step...correction, and it doesn't look as bad as I had feared.

hernandez.art13
06-20-2013, 08:49 PM
No one chimed in so I will:

From my understanding, Nano Soap is just a lube. So any lube you used per se would be sufficient.

(I wonder if we are going to be bombarded with follow up post lol)

CBlack
06-20-2013, 09:50 PM
Thanks. I thought as much, but it didn't seem to live up to my expectations so I thought the soap might have been an issue.

ken tuep
06-20-2013, 10:09 PM
I just received a towel, and it works better and faster than traditional clay has for me.

Maybe it wasn't completely broken in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

J504
06-20-2013, 10:55 PM
The wash mitt gets my paint just as smooth as regular clay. Maybe you didn't do enough passes? I bought a second one because I liked it so much. The time saved is more then worth the price of it.

psnt1ol
06-20-2013, 11:00 PM
So I bought the Nano wash mit seeing the rave reviews about it, thinking to save time.

After washing, then washing again with the nano I blew it dry, then used the guzzler to finish drying. Afterwards I did the ziploc bag test. Rough as hell.

Granted there are water spots on the paint, but still...that rough?

So I clayed anyway and there is a huge difference. I will say that the claying part didn't take as long as previously.

Question: I did not use the Nano soap. Would this have helped?

Next step...correction, and it doesn't look as bad as I had feared.

Which grade do you have? the fine or the medium?

How exactly are you using the mitt? like a clay bar or like a wash mitt?

CBlack
06-21-2013, 07:45 AM
I have the medium grade.

I used it like both, just to see if it made a difference.

Dr_Pain
06-21-2013, 08:19 AM
The break in process is important and I found that it did work better after a couple of cars (and as I dialed in the correct lube).

I use Mr.Pink as my lube and had to tweak my dilution ratio a bit to get the right lubricity and to prevent hydroplaning. I did have the same issue at first (with my first car) and was a little irritated at having spend on this clay alternative, but after playing with it and the lube a little I was converted and will most likely never use traditional clay again.

Pureshine
06-21-2013, 10:08 AM
I have the fine mitt as Dr pain said you have to break it in on glass first and it does work better after a couple cars. I still use clay on really bad cars and I use Adan's detail spray.

CBlack
06-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the pointers. I'll be using it again soon so hopefully it will be broken in now.

I am guessing since it can be rinsed off, it can be used on glass as well as paint, unlike clay?

07gtcs
06-21-2013, 03:36 PM
I just used mine for the first time today and worked like a charm.