PDA

View Full Version : 2nd coat of WG Deep Gloss paint sealant necessary?

Marc Hufnagel
06-20-2013, 09:12 AM
I just put some of the WG Deep Gloss paint sealant on last night and not real confident that I even came close to getting some areas even covered. First time I've used it and that 'one spray per panel' didn't seem to cover more than half a panel (door, trunk lid etc).

Other than being a bit of extra product possibly used that's not needed, will a 2nd application to ensure coverage be ok?

This one: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal, paint sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/spray-on-paint-sealant.html)

MarkD51
06-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Sure, absolutely no foul at all, and will help insure that you have gotten full coverage on the vehicle.

I in fact used this same product yesterday when cleaning, and detailing my large audio rack. Worked really nice on the black powder coated steel uprights, giving a nice glow to them, and the one beauty was, no dusts, or powdery residues in any nooks, and crannies to deal with.
Mark

quantim0
06-20-2013, 10:18 AM
I just do it to ensure full coverage.

I do know that it has been the most impressive paint sealant I have used. Between the durability, look, and continued slickness, what more could one want? I guess it could be free ;)

glen e
06-20-2013, 10:25 AM
2 coats are to get coverage....in the detailing world of sealants "more is better" than one coat.

cleanmycorolla
06-20-2013, 10:44 AM
You're using liquid seal, correct? You said spray? Try using a microfiber applicator to apply the product

Marc Hufnagel
06-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Do you guys spray onto the panel or the applicator ?

MarkD51
06-20-2013, 11:13 AM
It is suggested on AG's online store under this product's description to spray directly onto a panel. If you might possibly be worried about getting the product's overspray on something you do not wish to get it on, then yes, by all means apply to applicator, then spread.

The latter method was what I did on my audio rack yesterday, since the rack is in the living room. I applied to the entire rack spraying the product directly onto an MF Applicator and applied, noticed a bit of haze after about 10-15 minutes of sit time, then simply went back with a clean soft MF towel to remove any hazing, and wiped to a clean shiny luster. Worked beautifully, and these WOWA products I have found have multiple other non-auto uses with very nice results.
Mark

Klasse Act
06-20-2013, 12:08 PM
As long as you wait 12 hrs to apply the 2nd coat I see no problem doing this but consider the source here, LOL! WGDGPS 3.0 is an AWESOME product for sure!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

cleanmycorolla
06-20-2013, 12:10 PM
:dblthumb2:
As long as you wait 12 hrs to apply the 2nd coat I see no problem doing this but consider the source here, LOL! WGDGPS 3.0 is an AWESOME product for sure!

OP is confused, and that is okay. He is talking about liquid seal, the wowo product, not 3.0.

With liquid seal, you can top as quick as 1 hr....

Marc Hufnagel
06-20-2013, 01:09 PM

It is paint seal. New to wg names and seemed similar, honest mistake

Marc Hufnagel
06-20-2013, 01:10 PM
:dblthumb2:

OP is confused, and that is okay. He is talking about liquid seal, the wowo product, not 3.0.

With liquid seal, you can top as quick as 1 hr....

It is paint seal. Mistake. Sorry.

Marc Hufnagel
06-20-2013, 01:15 PM

This is what I have WG deep gloss liquid seal. Got it from Mike's freebies after the Evansville Mini Gtg last fall.

Marc Hufnagel
06-20-2013, 04:27 PM

Consider the source.. you, right, not I?

erichaley
06-20-2013, 04:41 PM
2 coats are to get coverage....in the detailing world of sealants "more is better" than one coat.

Well said!