PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question!!

vwgti
06-20-2013, 01:13 AM
Hey all! First post!

I have learned a lot since I first started reading in here! Full of details and product review. I just can't seem to find a "short-cut"

So I have a 2012 GTI which I detailed, started with P21 wheel cleaner, Chemical Guys Honeydew foam, Citrus hand wash, Iron X, V34 polish, V36 polish, Menzerna SF4500 ultra finish, then Klasse Sealant, then Collinite Wax at the end! The finish is FANTASTIC

Now back to the question I want to ask... I have a 2002 Honda Accord which I want to detail but do I really want to spend the whole days (9 Hours) to do all that? So is there some kind of short cut or product that you guys would recommend?

I will still do Foaming, and Iron X, just thinking about doing 1 polish step, then sealant. What do you guys think?

Any help will be appreciated

Calendyr
06-20-2013, 01:23 AM
Well, you could use a cleaner wax instead of doing paint correction and see if you like the result.

Otherwise you could do a glaze+sealant and save 1 step. Paint would not be corrected but defects would be hidden...

What do you guys think?

hernandez.art13
06-20-2013, 01:24 AM
Do you plan on spending 9 hours on both interior/exterior?

Pictures :)

vwgti
06-20-2013, 01:29 AM
Do you plan on spending 9 hours on both interior/exterior?

Pictures :)

Picture will be up soon!

And nope, thats why I want to know is there a short-cut lol

And I guess, the short the steps I take, the less of a result.

hernandez.art13
06-20-2013, 01:34 AM
IMO there is plenty of short cuts (cutting corners) but this will only bring down the quality of the potential work.

It all depends on what you want in the end result.

PPLd
06-20-2013, 01:38 AM
Citrus Wash Gloss
-> Clay
-> D151
-> Opti Seal!

Pureshine
06-20-2013, 01:46 AM
You could use an All In Polish would save you lots of time.

hernandez.art13
06-20-2013, 09:38 AM
I was thinking short cuts like skipping the bumper lol, woops. My apologies

Setec Astronomy
06-20-2013, 09:59 AM
I think some Meg's Ultimate Compound from a local store would probably make a huge improvement. Then slap whatever Collinite on top and call it a day.

KyleGates
06-20-2013, 10:21 AM
I think some Meg's Ultimate Compound from a local store would probably make a huge improvement. Then slap whatever Collinite on top and call it a day.

This. Ultimate Compound is a great product for defect removal and finishes down quite well. I think you would be happy with this choice.

mikesal57
06-20-2013, 10:46 AM
with a 2002 ...doing short cuts wont work..
you need to take time and do it right...

"all in one" might not be up to par..3 step way to go
I started with Wolfgangs DUO and wasnt happy...I did Meg UC and was satisfied

if car will be around for a while, how about doing it in parts..

like hood and roof first...and then rest another time..

my first time doing this , was on my 09 rav4 ..I spent 9 hours on outside and was dead for days :cry:

just a thought

mike

vwgti
06-24-2013, 12:54 AM
with a 2002 ...doing short cuts wont work..
you need to take time and do it right...

"all in one" might not be up to par..3 step way to go
I started with Wolfgangs DUO and wasnt happy...I did Meg UC and was satisfied

if car will be around for a while, how about doing it in parts..

like hood and roof first...and then rest another time..

my first time doing this , was on my 09 rav4 ..I spent 9 hours on outside and was dead for days :cry:

just a thought

mike

Well said Mike!

Up date, Just did the Accord! I got to say the condition is pretty bad after shining light on it. Swirl marks and scratches are every where! And on top, the Accord has NEVER been detail once in it life.

So I started with V36 from Chemical guy with just a normal cutting pad and my portercable. It took away some minor swirl marks but its still there. Then use Chemical guy Hybrid V7 Sealant and last a sample of Ultimate Liquid was from meguiars to wax it.

Overall, the body feels very clean and smooth. water bead test was decent. but compare to my gti which I did with 6 steps was way off.

I might take my time and do what mike suggested, doing a session at a time.