PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a TDI Cup Edition today.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Durallymax
06-18-2013, 06:57 PM
Picked up a 2010 TDI Cup Edition with a manual and 30k on it today. Nice car, this one will be for my fiance to drive. Ill put some more pics and info up later if needed.

jlax2485
06-18-2013, 07:35 PM
cool looking car....I would be sneaking in some drive time if it was my fiance's car. A chip will really wake this car up in terms of performance.

WAXOFF
06-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Nice car I work for VW. Don't see many of these around anymore. They were limited production. Your's has the Thunder Bunny Front End. Some had the regular grille.

BlackHawk
06-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Sweet car! Love the front end!

WAXOFF
06-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Tell her not to hit that front bumper. It costs about 3000.

drbll
06-18-2013, 09:31 PM
Great car, great color!

Durallymax
06-18-2013, 10:52 PM
cool looking car....I would be sneaking in some drive time if it was my fiance's car. A chip will really wake this car up in terms of performance.

Ill get plenty haha. I drive an older TDI Jetta with a stick, its a POS compared to this thing though so this will be the one we take places together then I get to drive, she doesnt like me testing the handling though haha.

Im leaving it stock for now. I may add some tuning later on.

Nice car I work for VW. Don't see many of these around anymore. They were limited production. Your's has the Thunder Bunny Front End. Some had the regular grille.

Ive heard 1500-2000 were produced. Then I also heard each dealer got 2. Not sure what is all true. Would be interesting to get a breakdown by color, this is the first red one ive seen. Ive seen a ton of white ones and a few blue and black ones.

The thunderbunny front looks much nicer I think.

You can definatley feel the difference in the suspension and brakes. My sister went with me as it was spur of the moment and she had time. She drives an 06 TDI with the level 3 package, much softer ride but terrible in the corners compared to the TDI Cup one. We had been looking at TDIs for awhile, the reasom this was "spur of the moment" was due to it just being listed and the dealer not letting me hold it due to the volume of calls on it. Heck as I was signing the papers two people called in about it.

Tell her not to hit that front bumper. It costs about 3000.

Ive seen the horrific prices of the thunderbunny fronts, I think if it comes to that I may file my first ever insuarance claim.

Sweet car! Love the front end!

Me too, the 18" wheels really fit well too.

Great car, great color!

Thanks. Dont see many red ones.

Theo_Auto_Fines
06-18-2013, 11:57 PM
One good advice from someone that has owned more than a dozen watercooled dub, get rid of it. VW are known for one thing that is unreliability.

Pureshine
06-19-2013, 01:45 AM
There is nothing wrong with VW I have been driving them for 25+ years it only small things that go wrong with them. I have a 2009 MKV GTI never had a problem with it.

sproketser
06-19-2013, 05:15 AM
Nice looking new ride mate !

yakky
06-19-2013, 05:26 AM
One good advice from someone that has owned more than a dozen watercooled dub, get rid of it. VW are known for one thing that is unreliability.

Nice way to congratulate someone on their new car. Have lots of friends?

Sweet TDI. I've had four so far. Awesome example. Are you on tdi club forums?

Durallymax
06-19-2013, 06:06 AM
This is the third TDI in my family plus my dads Audi A6.

My sisters 06 has 170k on it. The DMF did fly apart while under warranty and required a new DSG. Other than that though nothing out of the ordinary.

My 00 has 270k on it and is obviously having a few breakdowns here and there but nothing worse than any other vehicle

Yes im on the TDI forums dont get on them much though.

yakky
06-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Cool. yeah the TDI forums can be a bit much at times, everyone is so paranoid about the HPFP. Anyway, if you have Meg's Ultimate Wax, you gotta try it on that red, looks awesome. Optiseal looks amazing on it too.

Optiseal on mine:

http://www.datasmuggler.com/sale/jsw-1.jpg
http://www.datasmuggler.com/sale/jsw-9.jpg

zmcgovern45
06-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Great looking car! There is a blue one down the road from me, I always stare at it when I drive by.

Marc08EX
06-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Nice ride and great color choice!