PDA

View Full Version : Swissvax instruction ??

hoyt66
06-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Please note: Before the wax is applied for the first time, it is imperative that the paintwork is pretreated with Cleaner Fluid Regular. Otherwise the wax will not bond with the paintwork.

Is " cleaner fluid regular" really "imperative" for proper bonding?
What actually is " cleaner fluid"
Thanks

quantim0
06-18-2013, 01:02 PM
It's a paintwork cleaner. I'm sure any manufacturers version would work, but if you're going to pay the money for Swissvax you might as well pick up theirs.

TimmyG
06-18-2013, 01:03 PM
It's a paintwork cleaner. I'm sure any manufacturers version would work, but if you're going to pay the money for Swissvax you might as well pick up theirs.
+1

I use cleaner fluid strong before I apply my concorso.

hoyt66
06-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Got it. Makes sense. Thanks for the replies

FUNX650
06-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Please note: Before the wax is applied for the first time, it is imperative that the paintwork is pretreated with Cleaner Fluid Regular.
Otherwise the wax will not bond with the paintwork.

Is " cleaner fluid regular" really "imperative" for proper bonding?

There is a school of thought that says waxes do not bond to paintwork.
Instead it is said they form a "super hard shell" atop the paintwork. http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/TurtleWaxLogo.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/60484)
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

What actually is " cleaner fluid"

Per Swissvax:
"Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Standard is an advanced paint preserving solution containing heavy polishing oils
that will nourish and refresh the paintwork and does not contain abrasives. Cleaner Fluid has to be applied
before the first Wax application and easily removes swirl marks, light scratches, tar spots and tree sap as well as
old wax and other residues and provides a smooth and perfect surface as an essential basis for the wax application.
The application of Cleaner Fluid is an absolute must before the first wax treatment."

"Admittedly other paint cleaners also do the job of cleaning and preparing the paintwork for the wax application".......
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

I still can't put my arms around a product that can remove swirls/scratches without containing abrasives.

And:
Perhaps this product's description-language above is somehow intended to cover their back-sides
due to the intellectual property infringement lawsuit between Zymöl and themselves. :dunno:

Also:
Chet...Please don't make me repost my feelings on hand application of waxes!! LOL

:)

Bob

hoyt66
06-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Bob, great info there. Thanks. Lol did you notice I left the hand wax thread alone as of late. :)