PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest waterless wash?

Pages : [1] 2

Saluki2003
06-18-2013, 02:52 AM
I an looking for the cheapest waterless wash out there. It's for our ambulances since we can't use water at the station to wash our rigs we have to use a waterless wash. I'm pretty sure the owner if the company won't go for buying expensive stuff.

Please let me know brand names and where to find them

Thanks guys!

Sent from my ADR6300 using AG Online

glen e
06-18-2013, 03:00 AM
dont do waterless, do rinseless - much easier and a better wash

duragloss rinseless - from their site 10 buck plus $5 shipping

read here about the garry dean method of using rinseless...

Mach1USMC
06-18-2013, 04:05 AM
I use CG's "Go Green" waterless system and its a fantastic maintenance wash. Very effective, quick, easy and inexpensive. It's 7.99 for a 16 oz bottle right now and 28.99 for a gallon.

Shortspark
06-18-2013, 04:45 AM
AG currently has a closeout sale of Griot's products, including their waterless spray on car wash - $29.99 a gallon. It is normally expensive (I paid ten dollars more for it a few weeks ago) but at this price it should work very well for you if you stock up. It has received good reviews here and at Amazon.

There are also concentrates AG carries that end up being very cheap, such as Pinnacle. The Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Concentrate with Carnauba Wax has also received very positive reviews, although I have never tried it. They say to mix it 1 oz product to 32 oz of water so a bottle of this stuff should go a long way.

mwoolfso
06-18-2013, 04:56 AM
ONR and DP Rinseless are the cheapest based on the numbers. At $0.16/oz per gallon of water you cannot go wrong. So for a 2 gallon rinseless wash you are looking at $0.32 for the wash.

For a waterless UWW+ is still king based on the products I am tracking/interested in; looks like $0.32/oz. per gallon. I am not sure how much you would use on an Ambulance so assuming 8 oz you are looking at $2.56. Add in another assumption that you purchased a gallon and this gallon would last you 46 washes. It's on sale right now at $99 so that makes it $2.17 per wash.

MyFirstES300
06-18-2013, 09:55 AM
ONR and DP Rinseless are the cheapest based on the numbers. At $0.16/oz per gallon of water you cannot go wrong. So for a 2 gallon rinseless wash you are looking at $0.32 for the wash.

For a waterless UWW+ is still king based on the products I am tracking/interested in; looks like $0.32/oz. per gallon. I am not sure how much you would use on an Ambulance so assuming 8 oz you are looking at $2.56. Add in another assumption that you purchased a gallon and this gallon would last you 46 washes. It's on sale right now at $99 so that makes it $2.17 per wash.

I *really* like UWWW+ and I'm not concerned about the price. It's overall just a great product with amazing results and as long as you use it along with proper technique it cleans up very well!

Saluki2003
06-18-2013, 10:25 AM
dont do waterless, do rinseless - much easier and a better wash

duragloss rinseless - from their site 10 buck plus $5 shipping

read here about the garry dean method of using rinseless...

I would do a rinseless but its going to be just about impossible to get our EMTs to do a Gary Dean method wash using a rinseless. I dont want to have to teach everyone how to do this. I'm looking for a simple spray on wipe off kinda wash.

It's difficult enough trying to get guys to empty their trash from the rig after every shift let alone actually clean an ambulance. I'm just a paramedic with the company and I just want to not be driving around in a filthy ambulance.

So for my own car I use a 2 bucket method wash but for this I just need the absolute cheapest waterless wash possible so my boss will agree to buy the stuff.

Becciasm
06-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Turtle wax rinseless.

Well, you said cheapest. if you find it locally = no shipping.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/61144-turtle-wax-rinseless-wash-wax-review-w-pics.html

ChrisJ
06-18-2013, 02:11 PM
I *really* like UWWW+ and I'm not concerned about the price. It's overall just a great product with amazing results and as long as you use it along with proper technique it cleans up very well!

+1

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
06-18-2013, 04:02 PM
I would do a rinseless but its going to be just about impossible to get our EMTs to do a Gary Dean method wash using a rinseless. I dont want to have to teach everyone how to do this. I'm looking for a simple spray on wipe off kinda wash.

It's difficult enough trying to get guys to empty their trash from the rig after every shift let alone actually clean an ambulance. I'm just a paramedic with the company and I just want to not be driving around in a filthy ambulance.

So for my own car I use a 2 bucket method wash but for this I just need the absolute cheapest waterless wash possible so my boss will agree to buy the stuff.

You answered your question in your statement. Spray and Wipe Waterless wash by the 5 gallon is a very economical way to wash a vehicle. Were talking just around a buck per wash ;) You can give me a call. We also can make it by the 55 gallon for even cheaper.

-Chris

swanicyouth
06-18-2013, 04:25 PM
I did a cost break down. Pinnacle and UWW+ are cheapest. While Infinite Use is highly highly concentrated, it still works out to significantly more cash - sometimes double depending on size - than those two.

For around $18 you can make 512 oz - THAT'S 4 gallons !!! - of Pinnacle . UWW+ is around the same.

They are the champs. If there was a compromise in using those products, I would say no. But they are just as good or better as the other stuff that's no concentrated, yet they cost about 1/8 the price.

RTexasF
06-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Remind the boss man that cheapest is generally not the best solution. Look into the Poorboy's Spray & Wipe. No screwing around with dilution, it works extremely well, available in 55 gal. drums.

Saluki2003
06-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Remind the boss man that cheapest is generally not the best solution. Look into the Poorboy's Spray & Wipe. No screwing around with dilution, it works extremely well, available in 55 gal. drums.

I totally agree with that statement but if you saw some of our equipment you would understand where I'm coming from...haha!

amalik
06-03-2017, 12:34 PM
None of these equations for rinsless/waterless factor in the relative 'cost' of washing and drying the cleaning mitts and drying towels.

Am I crazy or is that a good point?

cleanmycorolla
06-03-2017, 01:01 PM
None of these equations for rinsless/waterless factor in the relative 'cost' of washing and drying the cleaning mitts and drying towels.

Am I crazy or is that a good point?

you're crazy, lol and ya dug up a 4 year old thread, nice! I love when oldies come back