View Full Version : Best products for dark color

Pages : [1] 2

tnbug4me
05-31-2007, 09:58 AM
Which products works best with dark color car. :cheers:

JoeD
05-31-2007, 10:27 AM
For me it would be:

ClearKote Red Moose Glaze topped with Pinnacle Soveran Paste Wax.

I love this combo. JoeD

AUdakota
05-31-2007, 10:28 AM
like Joe D said RMG topped with souv. is a heavy hitter on dark colors.

PS are you from TN by chance?>

jkornis1
05-31-2007, 10:31 AM
99.9% of people will say souveran paste. if 80$ is too much for you, Signature Series II has worked well for me at half the price.

Oh and use liquid souveran sprey on top of that and you will not believe your eyes.

Waxmax
05-31-2007, 11:02 AM
I must agree about using the Souveran Liquid Spray Wax. Use it after your paste application has cured to amp the gloss and wetness.

After Souveran paste, within the AG line, IMO NB, Maxwax, SSII are all very good.

P1et
05-31-2007, 11:09 AM
If you don't want to spend a ton of money, put about 3 layers of Natty's Blue on there!

Mike T
05-31-2007, 11:20 AM
All the above mentioned products work great. I've used most of them on my black car. Wolfgang DGPS looks sick topped with Souveran, hell alone it looks great.
Are you talking about solid dark colors, or dark metallic colors?

supercharged
05-31-2007, 11:25 AM
For me it would be:

ClearKote Red Moose Glaze topped with Pinnacle Soveran Paste Wax.

I love this combo. JoeD
:iagree:
Another nice combo/inexpensive would be XMT Glaze/Natty's Blue.

Surfer
05-31-2007, 11:36 AM
Chemical Guys EZ-Creme Glaze or RMG topped with either Souveran or Natty's Blue = :righton: , so deep, dark, and wet looking.

I love CG 5050 wax also but not available through AG.

tnbug4me
05-31-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks everyone. :cheers:

supercharged
05-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks everyone. :cheers:
You are welcome. Just remember to post some pics of your results.

tnbug4me
06-06-2007, 05:45 AM
All the above mentioned products work great. I've used most of them on my black car. Wolfgang DGPS looks sick topped with Souveran, hell alone it looks great.
Are you talking about solid dark colors, or dark metallic colors?

It would be a dark metallic.

Mike T
06-06-2007, 08:15 AM
OK, it makes a difference. For example Souveran paste looks sick on a solid black car, but I think it would mute the metallic reflection. For metallic I would use the liquid version. Wolfgang DGPS leaves a glossy reflective finish.
To me personally, I think dark metallic colors are hard because your trying to achieve to separate looks together. You want depth, yet you want POP.

tnbug4me
06-06-2007, 08:50 AM
OK, it makes a difference. For example Souveran paste looks sick on a solid black car, but I think it would mute the metallic reflection. For metallic I would use the liquid version. Wolfgang DGPS leaves a glossy reflective finish.
To me personally, I think dark metallic colors are hard because your trying to achieve to separate looks together. You want depth, yet you want POP.

Would the Wolfgang DGPS do a better job it being metallic gray then the Pinnacles Souveran Spray Wax?

Mike T
06-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Honestly I would apply a coat of Wolfgang then apply spray Souveran as a weekly booster for looks and added "booster" protection. As I said DGPS leaves a glossy, reflective finish. Souveran spray also leaves a glossy reflective look with a little added depth and glow. DGPS isn't just for looks it also has great durability if allowed proper time to cure.