PDA

View Full Version : Start on interior or exterior?

otruba_843
06-16-2013, 09:19 PM
I have a full interior and exterior detail coming up this week on my car and was wondering which is the best to start on? The interior or exterior?

frog
06-16-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm not the most experienced but I always prefer to start with the interior. Not sure if I have a good reason for that its just my preference.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AG Online

BradsDetailing
06-16-2013, 09:33 PM
I do interior. This way when everything's cleaned up and done I close the doors and it's clean til someone gets in it. If you start with the exterior you kind of have to play it safe when you're cleaning the interior and still moving in and about the vehicle.

SYMAWD
06-16-2013, 09:52 PM
Interior, that way the exterior can cool down if the car was recently dropped off.

AeroCleanse
06-16-2013, 10:06 PM
I start with the exterior, then do the interior. That way the sealant / coating can cure while I do the interior.

hernandez.art13
06-16-2013, 10:16 PM
This thread is going to produce different skills lol:

For me exterior

Kevin Cullen
06-16-2013, 10:40 PM
I do interior first. If you have any stains you can see if they will come back while you do the exterior before the vehicle is given back to the customer. Plus I always do door jam waxing and final quick vac at the end.

AutowerxDetailing
06-16-2013, 10:58 PM
There are a lot of variables that will depend how I procede on each vehicle. For me, if the interior is excessively dirty and will require a lot of shampooing I will do the interior first so it can begin to dry as I work on the exterior.

On the other hand if the interior is not too bad I may knock out the exterior first. Also since I am mobile I may prefer to do the exterior first if the car is in the shade... this way I don't have to setup a canopy.

Point being, there really is no right or wrong sequence. You just gotta approach the situation with a new game plan for each car. :props:

Sent from my LG-VM701 using AG Online

Pureshine
06-16-2013, 11:23 PM
There are a lot of variables that will depend how I procede on each vehicle. For me, if the interior is excessively dirty and will require a lot of shampooing I will do the interior first so it can begin to dry as I work on the exterior.

On the other hand if the interior is not too bad I may knock out the exterior first. Also since I am mobile I may prefer to do the exterior first if the car is in the shade... this way I don't have to setup a canopy.

Point being, there really is no right or wrong sequence. You just gotta approach the situation with a new game plan for each car. :props:

Sent from my LG-VM701 using AG Online
+1 depends what I'm doing too the car:)

Theo_Auto_Fines
06-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Its all preferential. As long as you have your exterior tools and interior tools separated then you are golden. Just make sure that you are working away from direct sunlight when washing.