PDA

View Full Version : Anyone put your Master Blaster on a cart?

SR99
06-16-2013, 08:58 PM
This thing is kind of a pain to lug around with the loose hose and power cord, so I was thinking of building a cart with swivel casters (the MB only has straight-line casters), where the MB would be about waist-high, secured on the top shelf, and have some built-in hooks for storing the hose and the power cord. Probably also a shelf in the middle and on the bottom.

It would be a bit top-heavy so I'd probably make the top shelf as narrow as possible to hold the MB (about 6.5") and make the base wider, probably 12-14", and use some 4" caster so it can roll over most bumps.

First I wanted to see if anyone already uses a cart, to see if it is more convenient on the cart, or you abandoned the cart after using it. Maybe it's not worth the effort to build a custom cart.

Pureshine
06-16-2013, 09:05 PM
I have the extension hose which helps a lot.

poweraid
06-16-2013, 09:10 PM
I have the extension hose which helps a lot.

+1 , what we get then like 20' hose , I don't remember .
all I got to do is move it to the left or right side of vehicle from front or back , reaches everything . I mainly got the ext hose cause I need to reach 7' high on my 4x4 tops .

02xtreme07SS
06-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Extension hose is a must. I can go all the way around an SUV without moving the blower itself much.

SR99
06-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but I think a long extension hose would make lugging to/from the inside storage area of house even more of a pain.

The cart (for me anyway) would be just as much about making it easier to move to storage before/after, as it is for mobility during use.

swanicyouth
06-16-2013, 09:35 PM
That sounds like a good idea. I know I hate the Metro long hose. If you don't have a lot of room, it tends to want to bang into everything. Don't know it helps, but I made a wall mount just to hold the house out of the way

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/17/u5ubase4.jpg

SR99
06-16-2013, 09:52 PM
That sounds like a good idea. I know I hate the Metro long hose. If you don't have a lot of room, it tends to want to bang into everything.

Yep, it doesn't coil very tight when the hose is at room temperature so it bangs into things, then after running both blower motors for a couple minutes the hose does just the opposite and gets very hot and soft (and easy to accidentally knik which sometimes trips the breaker). Since I've migrated to mostly waterless washes and didn't want the MB to collect dust in a closet, I now use it (actually more often than before) for dusting the cars off.

I also gave some thought to mounting the MB from the garage ceiling on a swivel shelf, but decided that would probably result in the hose dragging across the paint even more. I suppose the ceiling-mounted swivel plus a 5 foot boom to hold the hose away could work, but the cart seemed like it might be a better solution.

Bunky
06-17-2013, 11:07 AM
I use a cart. I know some who have posted pictures of using a 4 wheel dolly as well.

I wanted mobility and safety (keep all electrical connections off the ground).

http://angphoto.smugmug.com/Detailing/ANG-Gallery/i-kFvmRKF/1/X3/IMG_1226-1-X3.jpg

stored

http://angphoto.smugmug.com/Detailing/ANG-Gallery/i-6HRdfVM/1/X3/IMG_1235-1-X3.jpg

Pats300zx
06-17-2013, 11:41 AM
I have mine on a cart as well. It fits perfect in the bottom and I just wheel it around the car. I have the cord zip tied to a corner and just move around.

Mike Phillips
06-17-2013, 12:47 PM
I keep ours on a cart too...

:)

Daviddear30
06-17-2013, 10:30 PM
Where did you get that plastic shelf cart ?

Bunky
06-18-2013, 11:30 AM
My cart is Meguiar's brand that I purchased from AG. Metal ones are cheaper but liked this type instead. The four swivel casters is a must have for maneuvering.