PDA

View Full Version : Water Spots and Bird Etchings...

KJW Detailing
05-30-2007, 10:50 PM
I have a few on the top's of my car (hood, roof, trunk)...At work we have a product by Ardex called Fallout Remover...does anyone have any experience with this product?

I want to clean up my car tomorrow and apply a coat of SSII on my car...but i was hoping that i could get the water marks off as this will also help me out when it comes time to detail my car with all of my new products!

I was also suggested 50/50 water and vinegar...

I would also like to know how to go about applying anything that will remove water spots just so i know that i am doing it correctly!

Thanks!

D
05-30-2007, 10:55 PM
With the water and vinegar, just put it in a spray bottle and wipe off with microfiber.

KJW Detailing
05-30-2007, 11:01 PM
really that easy?

also...does the water and vinegar strip off the wax on the car? b/c i would like to take off any wax on the car to apply the new wax...but i just want to make sure that it would be ok to apply to the entire car?

D
05-30-2007, 11:03 PM
I believe thats what you do. Yes the solution will strip off the wax.

KJW Detailing
05-30-2007, 11:11 PM
so do you think i could wash the car...then go over with the water and vinegar...then maybe wash again as to get any remaining solution off the car?

D
05-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I think thats a good idea. Just check this thread tomorrow morning before you start and see if anyone else recommends another method.

KJW Detailing
05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
ok cool thanks! i wonder if putting SSII will make the car look any different from the wax i have put on in the past...i guess well soon find out!