PDA

View Full Version : Are these microfibers salvageable?

Harry Da Hamster
06-16-2013, 04:26 AM
Did a rinseless wash today on a super dirty under-carriage. Microfibers are now littered with leaf and twig debris. Are these salvageable? I did a couple washes and manually picked out the big stuff. I'll try a lint roller next. Otherwise i'll have to demote them to grunt duties.

jimjc
06-16-2013, 07:01 AM
Depends on what those particles are. While you`re sitting around watching TV just pick them out. If they are hard pieces of something then you will have to make the call whether you removed everything because you know what the result will be if you start scratching the paint, they won`t be worth it, no matter what you paid for them..

FUNX650
06-16-2013, 07:18 AM
Did a rinseless wash today on a super dirty under-carriage. Microfibers are now littered with leaf and twig debris.
Are these salvageable? I did a couple washes and manually picked out the big stuff. I'll try a lint roller next.
Otherwise i'll have to demote them to grunt duties.
I would consider a "super dirty undercarriage" to be in the grunt duties category...
and would have used a MF-towel of lesser value (RE: Not paint worthy)...
to rinseless wash that particular area of a vehicle.

Irregardless...
You now have a MF-towel that is, IMHO...in the:
"Of Lesser Value" category.

Bob

MrOneEyedBoh
06-16-2013, 08:55 AM
Try compressed air either from a can or an air compressor

MyFirstES300
06-16-2013, 09:27 AM
I would consider a "super dirty undercarriage" to be in the grunt duties category...
and would have used a MF-towel of lesser value (RE: Not paint worthy)...
to rinseless wash that particular area of a vehicle.

Irregardless...
You now have a MF-towel that is, IMHO...in the:
"Of Lesser Value" category.

Bob

:iagree: That was my thought. I have a whole separate set for that type of task. To add to to it, you *could* try using a presoak on your washing machine with maybe 4 oz of your favorite APC or degreaser with hot water. Then analyze from there, and wash as you normally would. Maybe it's time for the trash for those. -Ed

VP Mark
06-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Nope. Either chuck them or demote them. I only use my good mfs on paint and glass. Everything else gets a grunt.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

poweraid
06-16-2013, 10:01 AM
first of all why a rinseless wash on a super dirty plus yet undercarriage . guess u learned a lesson and u now have dedicated mf for your undercarriage washing needs .