PDA

View Full Version : Floor Mat Logo help

Shtexas
06-15-2013, 07:43 PM
I was out cleaning the interior of the Grand Cherokee earlier and I had a question about cleaning the Jeep Logo on the front floor mats.
The logo is white and looks like it's sewn on. Does anyone know how to clean this to make it white/whiter?
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_04461.jpg

I've always tried to avoid spraying any of the apc cleaner on it when I deep cleaned the mat. I try to blot the area around the the white clean and not wipe so I avoid rubbing extra dirt into the white.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

statusdetailing
06-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Logos are very hard to get clean without a very hot water extractor. They trap and hold dirt like crazy. I use a citrus based apc and my mytee extractor to get them clean. They dont even respond well to a steamer with a microfiber over the head. Hot water extraction is the key

Shtexas
06-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Logos are very hard to get clean without a very hot water extractor. They trap and hold dirt like crazy. I use a citrus based apc and my mytee extractor to get them clean. They dont even respond well to a steamer with a microfiber over the head. Hot water extraction is the key

Thanks, I was thinking of the steam method at first. Would an HP60 with Duragloss ultimate orange be enough to do the job well?

statusdetailing
06-15-2013, 08:55 PM
I think that would work. I dont have any experience with the duragloss. Maybe agitate with a brush( nothing to stiff as these logos can fray if you go crazy on them). For whatever reason an extractor is the key here. Its kind of like woven upholstery as oppossed to micro fiber/suede upholstery. Steam works excellent on the micro fiber type upholstery but not so great on dirty woven upholstery. I think its because most logos are an embroidered/woven material and they trap dirt in the fibers. Good luck

davidc
06-15-2013, 09:55 PM

The Wifes Sienna has logo although it is a dark color. The logo was looking bad until I used the Bissell Pro Heat with hot tap water. It really did a good job on the mat and logo and almost looks new.

Dave

hoyt66
06-16-2013, 04:59 AM
The Wifes Sienna has logo although it is a dark color. The logo was looking bad until I used the Bissell Pro Heat with hot tap water. It really did a good job on the mat and logo and almost looks new.

Dave

Used the same set up for my son's car. His were wasted! By all the pine needles I vacuumed out of the EXTERIOR parts of the car I see he parks under a pine tree. The logo was

saturated in pine sap! I sprayed with OPC and gently agitated with a brush before extracting......about a hundred times. I let them dry and treated them with

303 high tech fabric guard, 303 fabric guard (http://www.autogeek.net/303fabricguard.html)

sktan
08-12-2013, 02:43 AM
Try to clean the logo with hot water and soap.

Crispy
01-01-2016, 04:16 PM
I just did my driver side mat and the logo was very dirty compared to the like new Passenger side. Tried APC with power tooth brush and got clean, but faded red was the results. Went to a dye pen. Went to Michael's and they had a bunch. Got one the matched and carefully applied to the faded red logo and almost as good as new. The black surrounding the logo was a little faded from the cleaner so got a black dye marker and finished up. Looks almost as good as new and in the car will look like new. Used a carpet protectant to seal, but if doesn't preserve, will go to clear coat pen to permanently lock in the colour.