PDA

View Full Version : Distilled Water ONLY - Rinseless Washes

Pages : [1] 2

cleanmycorolla
06-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Anyone else do this besides me. I find distilled water real cheap by me, but maybe I am crazy. Anyone else do this? I haven't used hose or tap for any "mixes" in about a year.

JAF06SE
06-15-2013, 05:04 PM
I haven't but I know a lot of guys on here do it. I've only done rinseless once. My truck usually gets too dirty for it. I do have 3 gallons of distiller sitting my garage though.

Rmd
06-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Absolutely. I always use distilled. One bucket Gary dean method. I can take my time with the wash and not have rush through the drying process to avoid water spots. Hard water plus warm and dry weather here in SoCal equals a workout to keep car from spotting, even in the shade. Takes about three gallons of distilled, 88 cents each at the wal-marts.

cleanmycorolla
06-15-2013, 05:16 PM
Absolutely. I always use distilled. One bucket Gary dean method. I can take my time with the wash and not have rush through the drying process to avoid water spots. Hard water plus warm and dry weather here in SoCal equals a workout to keep car from spotting, even in the shade. Takes about three gallons of distilled, 88 cents each at the wal-marts.

We're identical. Except I'm in Pasadena. :dblthumb2:

Durallymax
06-15-2013, 05:25 PM
We have a dehumidifier type deal in our shop. We run cold well water through a heat exchanger with a fan on it. Pulls the humidity out and cools the shop slightly.

On humid days it will pull 10 gallons or so out of the air. I just collect that water and use it. Same as distilled just free.

cleanmycorolla
06-15-2013, 05:34 PM
We have a dehumidifier type deal in our shop. We run cold well water through a heat exchanger with a fan on it. Pulls the humidity out and cools the shop slightly.

On humid days it will pull 10 gallons or so out of the air. I just collect that water and use it. Same as distilled just free.

Nice!

AutowerxDetailing
06-15-2013, 05:35 PM

That's awesome!

SYMAWD
06-15-2013, 05:52 PM
I just use hose water. I do a panel, spray with detail spray then dry with a waffle weave. No chance of the water drying that way.

craz0boy
06-15-2013, 05:59 PM

Nice! I would probably pull 100 gallons in a week over here lol it's humid every day. What do you use and where can I get one!

bcope
06-15-2013, 05:59 PM
I don't think it's worth spending money on. It's not pure distilled water once you wipe it on a dirty panel anyway.

af90
06-15-2013, 06:06 PM
If you're in an area with a high TDS I'll do it just to avoid any chance. If not, no worries about having minerals remain on the paint as it's wiped off too quick.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Why would you use anything other than distiller water?

VP Mark
06-15-2013, 06:34 PM
I have never used distilled water in hundreds if not over a thousand rinse less washes. Have never noticed a single issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

MyFirstES300
06-15-2013, 08:16 PM
I too, use Poland Spring Distilled water to prepare UWWW+. I think it DOES make a big difference. I read on the forums that some use distilled, so I tried it and feel it is worth it.

wanabe detailer
06-15-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm in So Cal and use my house water with no issues. I only do a panel at a time though so it has no chance to dry. I have a Ram, which has a large hood so sometimes I may do half the hood panel and then dry.