PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Semi's

A1MobileDetailing
06-14-2013, 11:30 PM
I am starting to put the word out to friends and family that I offer detailing services and just had a friend ask me If I would do semi's. I told her I've never done any semi's but I'm always up for a new challenge.
I'm looking for some advice as to how much do you charge for certain packages and what are your procedures? Also any other input/tips would be appreciated as this is new territory for me.

Vegas Transplant
06-15-2013, 12:40 AM
PM this forum member if you don't get any replies.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/cajundetail.html
Cathy hasn't been on the forums for a minute but she added a mechanic/shop last time I followed her fb page.
She blinged out a mudcaked W900 toothpick hauler and dabbled in metal polishing. Come to think of it, I need to pm her myself sometime to see how things are going down yonder on the bayou.

Vegas Transplant
06-15-2013, 01:17 AM
Durallymax is another forum member that has a hand in class 8 bling fests on a regular basis.

Anthony@zerboautoworks
06-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Big Rigs are a beast of there own. This was my first big rig I did.

A1MobileDetailing
06-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Yea, I'm not sure if I want to do very many of them. Seems like they could be a pain to detail. I'm mainly wondering what the going rate is to detail one. I know quite a few people who own big rigs and once I do one I may get a few more.

James,
06-15-2013, 05:30 PM
feeling sick thinking about all that greese

Durallymax
06-15-2013, 05:50 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/16/pyha7ubu.jpgHonestly, as vegas and others can attest, if you are competing with the local truck polishers you wont make much money.

I would just do it by the hour if they let you, every truck is different. A lot are painted thick with Imron so break out the FG400 and go to town if its in rough shape. Hopefully its in decent shape and you can do a one step. Theres a lot of acreage to cover on a sleeper truck.

Enough of the better trucks (KW, Pete) are still riveted, this means a lot of extra care has to be taken with all of those rivets.

Are you just doing the paint?

The aluminum especially may take more tools and products than you have and you may want to discuss this ahead of time. If its a newer truxk or has been maintained well a simple polish would work, most trucks are neglected and need heavy compounds and even sanding.

I couldnt tell you what to charge really as I only really do our own trucks now.