PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber towels suggestions

Alex Haramic
06-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Want some good polish microfiber towels any suggestions or kits that you have bought the was worth the price ?

rms64
06-14-2013, 08:18 PM
I really like these, and they go on BOGO every now and then - great for polish / wax removal:

Arctic White Microfiber Towels, detailing towels, microfiber cloths (http://www.autogeek.net/white-microfiber-towels-3.html)

Also can't go wrong with the various Cobras that are out there - you won't really find any bad ones on AG that I've seen. Hope this helps! :xyxthumbs:

Alex Haramic
06-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks

Baconz2012
06-15-2013, 12:30 AM
PIf you're poor like me. I would go with the gold plush jrs. Good price and good quality. I know there are other softer or plusher towels, but I can't afford em.

allenk4
06-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Don't buy these

Heavyweight Buff & Polish Towel (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/heavyweight-buffing-towel.html)

I purchased 4 during the Father's Day Sale on PBMG Sister Company Autopia.

Washed them twice without using them and both of them failed at a seam. One on the satin edge and the other on the seam that runs down the middle.

They also bled like crazy. Turned my Sonus White Towels light blue. The red satin edge on these will also stain itself and other towels if you don't get them out of the wash immediately.

erichaley
06-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Don't buy these

Heavyweight Buff & Polish Towel (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/heavyweight-buffing-towel.html)

Washed them twice without using them and both of them failed at a seam. One on the satin edge and the other on the seam that runs down the middle.

They also bled like crazy. Turned my Sonus White Towels light blue. The red satin edge on these will also stain itself and other towels if you don't get them out of the wash immediately.

This towel is uber plush, but in my opinion it's too thick, making it hard to control. The one I have was included as part of the Memorial Day free gift, and like yours, it bled big time! Yes, I know you are supposed to wash like colors together, but after seeing a forum member's video about microfiber wash, I felt comfortable washing different colors together. Before seeing your post, I honestly thought I screwed up! I washed white, yellow, orange, and light blue with this one towel, and they all came out blue! My white towels were about the same color as the Griot's Speed Shine towels, my light blues were darker blue, my oranges were a greenish-blue, and my yellows were, well, puke green. Every time I see my yellows I think that someone used my towels to mop up baby diarrhea!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand... The Griot's greens and blues were my first microfibers and, while they're nice and soft, they had so much lint that my paint looked worse than a velvet blanket in a forest full of cottonwoods. Others have said the same thing (well, maybe not in such terms, but...). I bought some ProForce microfibers at Sam's, and I really like them for general purpose use as well as removing compound. They also tend to "lint", but it appears that they're actually just releasing the dust and compound they've picked up during use. I think the Cobra towels are nice. I have the Gold Plush and the Miracle towels, but many of their towels are on back order. I placed a huge order Friday and was hoping to pick up some of the 530s and 600s, but no luck. I'd like to try out the Chinchillas some day too! My favorites by far have been the microfibers from CarPro. The BOA is so soft and fluffy and is perfect for both final polishing and quick detail sprays. The Koala Dual Plush is freaking amazing! I use it for waterless washes and will soon use it for rinseless washes too. Their Snow Drift is awesome for removing polish and compound, and both their Blue Angora and Panda work great for quick detail spray. Finally, their Fast Glass streak free towel is hands down the best towel for glass! It looks like newspaper, but looks are deceiving!!

Hopefully this long and drawn out post helps you in your search for the perfect
Microfibers for you. What one likes another may not. Try out a by ch of different ones and find what you like best. Also, if you place a good sized order and ask nicely, some places might just throw in a microfiber or two for free!

MyFirstES300
06-16-2013, 01:19 AM
I really like these, and they go on BOGO every now and then - great for polish / wax removal:

Arctic White Microfiber Towels, detailing towels, microfiber cloths (http://www.autogeek.net/white-microfiber-towels-3.html)

Also can't go wrong with the various Cobras that are out there - you won't really find any bad ones on AG that I've seen. Hope this helps! :xyxthumbs:
:iagree:I use them for my waterless washes. Perfect size and nap. However, mine have changed color now 2x lol. First time I washed them with some blue MF's and they went from white to ice blue. After using them with UWWW+ they are now a light green. White is not a good color for a MF towel, but these are overall great (and entertaining if you like to see them change color depending on what you use).

MyFirstES300
06-16-2013, 01:22 AM
Don't buy these

:wow: Not good, I just bought 6 of these in the Memorial Day sale. They did turn my Arctic White towels ice blue, too.