PDA

View Full Version : Polishes

Kadetail
06-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Not new to the auto detailing business been in it for 10yrs n theres still always something new to learn about! im looking to try a new polish i learnt with 3m machine polish n again that was 10yrs ago! i know theres so many new improved chemicals out there! looking for some feed back from my fellow detailers!

Mike Phillips
07-29-2013, 06:21 AM
Welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

Saw yo posting in the "Chatbox", glad to see you posting in the actual "forum".

3M makes great body shop compounds and polishes but if you look at the label for any of their Pro Line products they state they are all for use with rotary buffers. Nothing wrong with this but what I've seen is when you try to use abrasive technology targeted at one direction, direct drive rotating tools they tend not to work as well with dual action polishers.

I've seen more new and better abrasive technology introduced in the last few years than ever before and these new products cut fast and finish out like polishes. This makes detailer a car and getting swirl-free results easier than ever by just about anyone of any skill level.

Meguiar's introduced SMAT products back in 2006 when they introduced M86 Cut & Polish Cream. Since then they've introduced even more new abrasive compounds and polishes that build off this technology.

Menzerna introduced FG 400 Fast Gloss Compound and this is another exceptional compound for cutting and finishing.

Sonax has introduced some really good polishes that cut well and finish out incredibly nice.

Optimum Polymer Technologies has introduced the first commercial "spray" compounds and polishes and also SMAT products.

So there's lots to choose from besides the reputable 3M products.

:)

Kadetail
07-29-2013, 06:30 AM
Thanks Mike ill have to start looking into different products! example my truck its has a mirror finish but get up close to it and the fine scratches really show! guess one of my first steps is to get a orbital polisher