PDA

View Full Version : To much spray wax / Detailer ?

KBsToy
06-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Can you but on to much spray wax / detailer between washes ???

Whenever I am done washing I usually put a spritz on.

I have also recently tried DP Detailer's Waterless Auto Wash.

Thaks
KB

Vidur119
06-14-2013, 10:16 AM
I'd say its too much if you can't wipe it away while its wet. Spray wax is lube and having it dry on the paint is doing no good.

swanicyouth
06-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Can you but on to much spray wax / detailer between washes ???

I have also recently tried DP Detailer's Waterless Auto Wash.

Thaks
KB

Just FYI. If your suddenly having issues, it may be the DP WW.

KBsToy
06-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Just FYI. If your suddenly having issues, it may be the DP WW.

I have just been using the Dp when car is not real dirty just as an in between cleaner. I thought that it might be the same as a detail spray just clean up some dust from car setting around.

Kb

cardaddy
06-14-2013, 07:30 PM
If you can.... then I've been doing it for YEARS! :laughing:

I'll use QD sometimes, like when I'm in a parking lot and see fingerprints or dust. Then when I'm at home I'll hit it with good ol' ONR or H2O. OR... H2O (very fine mist) with some M156 or DG951 (both of them are polycharged).

FUNX650
06-14-2013, 07:52 PM

Between your car washing sessions some X-amount-% of the film-layer of whatever spray-wax or QD
you applied to your vehicle, after your car-washing sessions...has been, unfortunately, depleted.

And depending on the aggressiveness of the actual car-washing sessions
...(the severity of your vehicle being "touched")...
even more X-amount-% of the spray-wax or QD is also being depleted.

Therefore...IMO:
Replacement of an X-amount-% of the aforementioned depleted spray-wax or QD,
...by applying a spritz or two of spray-wax or QD after each car-washing session...
would be a very sensible approach to take toward your vehicle's maintenance schedule.

:)

Bob

rwright
06-14-2013, 08:01 PM
It is possible to build a film on paint from a spray wax. Usually darker cars show the film build more so than lighter color cars for the obvious reason. This usually occurs from using too much or as mentioned above, not enough has been depleted from routine washing. If a car is not exposed to the elements as much then it is easier to build a film than one that is driven and washed often. In my opinion based on what I have learned from a chemist, a good quality spray wax should be used no more than twice a month and detail spray should be used more often.

PiPUK
06-15-2013, 07:02 AM
Spray wax and QD really are different things and it is the marketing guys who have confused it somewhat.

In my view - as chemist and formulator with primary focus on the automotive sector - spray waxes are not quick detailers. Waxes, whether sprayable or otherwise, fundamentally require buffing. On their own, they also tend to provide rather limited lubrication. I have come across precious few (in fact I cannot think of any) genuine wax products which do not require a short 'cure' or haze time before buffing to a shine. It is plausible to do this with a one step process but this generally implies a rather low wax content and typically means that much of the wax you apply ends up on the cloth, not the surface. There are products which are spray wax or wax containing products which behave differently - these rarely actually contain wax, rather the marketing guys have been confused by the marketing guys from the raw material suppliers and believe there is wax when the fact is that they contain components which mimic wax behaviour. Sometimes these components are sealant type ingredients but they are often just surfactants which temporarily modify surface behaviour.

In my view, a good QD should be nothing more than spritz and wipe. It will leave a shiny finish, no smearing, no haze - no fuss. If the product needs a cure or needs any degree of buffing, then it is more a short term spray sealant/wax than it is a QD.

swanicyouth
06-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Spray wax and QD really are different things and it is the marketing guys who have confused it somewhat.

And I thought I was the only one with this notion

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/uje7u9ym.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/y2e4uguq.jpg

KBsToy
06-15-2013, 07:27 AM
THANKS !!!!

Again people here on AG have help me with my questions. If uniz lived near the burg I would buy you breakfast :)

Wifes CTS is silver my toy Is Candy red a dark color.

PiPUK
06-16-2013, 04:15 AM
And I thought I was the only one with this notion

:xyxthumbs: Wolf's do tend to have a library of terminology all the themselves!