PDA

View Full Version : Confused need help chemical guy products

Alex Haramic
06-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Ok so I want to polish my car do a finish polish, glaze it and put wax or sealant on top what products that are chemical guys go in order with theses steps or are there other ways of doing these steps meaning do I have to many steps. Also my vehicles have light swirl marks so I would just need a light cutting power polish chemical guy brands only and I was looking at there lava wax any good ?

cleanmycorolla
06-13-2013, 09:10 PM
I suggest Blacklight (acts as a great AIO). With a CG 50/50 topper, V7 after every wash.

BlackHawk
06-13-2013, 09:15 PM
For light swirls try V36 as its a great versatile product. Same goes for Blacklight. As for wax you can't go wrong with Pete's 53 topped with V7.

Also, don't get Lava. Trust me your not gonna like it.

Daviddear30
06-13-2013, 10:07 PM
What is wrong with the lava? I wanted to try that?

Alex Haramic
06-13-2013, 10:23 PM
For light swirls try V36 as its a great versatile product. Same goes for Blacklight. As for wax you can't go wrong with Pete's 53 topped with V7.

Also, don't get Lava. Trust me your not gonna like it.

Have u tried any other products from them glossworkz ? Or glazes

spiralout462
06-13-2013, 10:37 PM
What is wrong with the lava? I wanted to try that?

I haven't tried it myself but I have read negative reviews.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/59592-son1c-synopsis-25-chemical-guys-lava-luminous-glow-infusion-paste-wax-243-ml-review.html?highlight=Lava

swanicyouth
06-13-2013, 10:48 PM
I have a pot of Lava that's 80%+ full if anyone wants to try it. In reality, its more like a sealant, which wasn't what I was going for. If anyone is interested in it, I'd be willing to trade it pretty easily

If your going for swirls removal, I would skip the glaze and polish out the swirls with their V polish line, which seems well liked. Pete's 53 is pretty good as well, I have that and like it. If you got the time, you could follow your swirl removal with Black Light, another product people seem to like.

If your ordering from CG, their shampoos, spray bottles, and wheel cleaners are very good and priced well.

inDetail
06-13-2013, 10:58 PM
I would pick up the V line polish sample pack. It's $20 4 ounces each of all four polishes that way you have 4 to run tests with on different pads and see what combination fixes the swirls. I love them LONG work times and ZERO dusting.( Make sure you use an IPA wipe down with these polishes. They are water based but loaded with oils.) I learned the hard way when I did my show off my skills strip for clients on my car and my wax and sealant failed. I can sometimes skip this with the CG P40 polish.
If you take the time to correct the paint you don't really need a glaze. A glaze just back fills any minor imperfections and adds some gloss. Black light will accomplish some of this for you. It's and AIO/Glaze/Sealant. When you go to use it you have to make sure your not messing up your nice polished paint because of the light abrasives. I would say use a very low cut polishing pad and use it as if you were jeweling the finish.
I would skip the Lava it's a weird hybrid wax sealant. I do believe it's a soft wax. I never took to them. I love Pete's 53 for the price and 50/50 is a great wax for the price as well. They are traditional waxes as far as application and they are easy to use.

Alex Haramic
06-13-2013, 11:02 PM
I would pick up the V line polish sample pack. It's $20 4 ounces each of all four polishes that way you have 4 to run tests with on different pads and see what combination fixes the swirls. I love them LONG work times and ZERO dusting.( Make sure you use an IPA wipe down with these polishes. They are water based but loaded with oils.) I learned the hard way when I did my show off my skills strip for clients on my car and my wax and sealant failed. I can sometimes skip this with the CG P40 polish.
If you take the time to correct the paint you don't really need a glaze. A glaze just back fills any minor imperfections and adds some gloss. Black light will accomplish some of this for you. It's and AIO/Glaze/Sealant. When you go to use it you have to make sure your not messing up your nice polished paint because of the light abrasives. I would say use a very low cut polishing pad and use it as if you were jeweling the finish.
I would skip the Lava it's a weird hybrid wax sealant. I do believe it's a soft wax. I never took to them. I love Pete's 53 for the price and 50/50 is a great wax for the price as well. They are traditional waxes as far as application and they are easy to use.

Thanks for the advice ! How about gloss works I know it's a filler rather than actually polishing but have you tried that out

silverfox
06-14-2013, 05:00 AM
Glossworkz is a great product. It's labeled as a glaze. Trust me it sure doesn't act like one. It doesn't wash off. It virtually repels water and dust as good as anything I've seen. I have literally skipped washing my car every week and gone to bi monthly washing since using glossworkz.

And that's after driving in several rain storms and leaving my car outdoors in very windy conditions which as you know blow dust and dirt and pollen all over everything.

No.. I don't care what CG or anybody else says about what glossworkz is supposed to be...it's not a traditional glaze. There's more in that formula than CG is letting on.

inDetail
06-14-2013, 06:25 AM
I never tried the Glossworkz. I was never a glaze person. I don't even use them on my cars. If I was doing a Concours detail with a bunch of paint correction or just had very fine scratches and need to be back filled then I would do some research and pick up a glaze. They will hide the tiny fine stuff. If the glossworkz works for you keep using it. If you go to polishing make sure you run a test that the fine abrasives in a glaze don't mess up your polishing work. Almost every glaze I have ever researched has some ultra fine abrasive quality. I think Glossworkz is a glaze/gloss magnifier and marketed as that. Like Wet Mirror is a magnifier. I think that was what they were shooting for with Blacklight just with some more juice. (sealant, glaze, gloss magnifier.) They happened to make one hell of an AIO by accident. If you have any questions I would call CG but make sure you call the showroom number.(I'm not sure which number is which off the top of my head.) You usually get a person who works the floor in the retail spot and can be of better help then the regular customer service number.