PDA

View Full Version : Carpro Eraser new formula?

Pages : [1] 2

SonOfOC
06-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Hey everyone! I noticed that my recent Eraser is different. It is lighter in color, smells not as strong, and when I shake it the tiny bubbles float to the top slower.

The label also has a lighter colored label.

Don't know if there was recent changes. The old bottle on the right is 10 months old. The bottle on the left is new. Both purchased from AG.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_5761.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_5759.JPG

quantim0
06-13-2013, 02:47 PM
I just got a bottle from Car Pro and it looks like the bottle on the left.

SonOfOC
06-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Thanks. Hopefully it's only a color change.

dorkiedoode
06-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Yeah hope it's color change cause from the look of it the right bottle seem more effective.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-13-2013, 06:31 PM
I dont know of any change but I did get some a while back and mine are the same color as on the right.

Evan.J
06-13-2013, 06:44 PM
The one I got recently has the color on the left.

BlackHawk
06-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Yea it's been updated a while ago. Used to be dark blue now it's light blue

swanicyouth
06-13-2013, 06:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FaFZbhPnjY

Does it ever expire like the sticker says? One thing I'm curious about, how does this stuff seem to add a "slickness" or reduced friction to the surface, but doesn't leave anything behind??

melF1fan
06-13-2013, 07:42 PM
The first couple bottles i've bought were light blue. The last bottle i bought was dark blue so go figure..

In the end as long as it works as advertised is what counts.

FUNX650
06-13-2013, 07:44 PM
Hey everyone! I noticed that my recent Eraser is different.
It is lighter in color, smells not as strong, and when I shake it
the tiny bubbles float to the top slower.

The label also has a lighter colored label.

Don't know if there was recent changes.
The old bottle on the right is 10 months old.
The bottle on the left is new. Both purchased from AG.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_5761.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_5759.JPG
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Don't know if this will erase any Eraser-anxieties, or not...BUT:

From The Man behind CarPro USA...His thread-starter (Date:10-16-2011): http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/42133-review-carpro-eraser.html

Review: CarPro Eraser

Product Claims:

CarPro Eraser is an intense cleaner designed to dissolve oil particles and remove polish residue to prepare the paintwork for Cquartz. Eraser attracts polish residue and dust better, cleans better than IPA, and aids in keeping the finish dust free while you apply Cquartz.

Details:

1.- Packaging: Plastic bottle / Cool label
2.- Directions: Simple
3.- Viscosity: Thin
4.- Color: Light Blue
5.- Scent: Fresh
6.- Regular Price: 1.7 oz. (50ml) = $ 5.99
7.- Regular Price: 16.9 oz. (500ml) = $14.99
8.- Regular Price: 33.8 oz. (1000ml) = $19.99
9 - Regular Price: 169 oz. (5000ml) =
10.-Manufacturer: CarPro
11.-Made in: Korea

Product:

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j376/CEEDOG7/Reviews/CarPro%20Eraser/00.jpg

:)

Bob

CEE DOG
06-13-2013, 07:56 PM
A friend of mine just alerted me to the concern.

First, let me say Hi Bob!!!! Also, hi to all! Thanks for addressing the concerns guys.

Bob is right on, it is light blue since it was released. The difference in color is of no concern whatsoever. The active ingredients are of the exact same proportions since its release. We had a batch awhile back that had too much color to it which we addressed a couple months ago. It was not a big deal but the lighter color is preferable to me and most others for minor reasons, none of which are effectiveness or function of product.

Expiration: CarPro shows a one year date on all products but Eraser does not expire in any reasonable length of time. I've never seen or heard of an issue. Many others do not expire in a year either. The coatings however, CQuartz, and UK most certainly do. One year expiration is CarPro's official date and should be followed so its on each of us if we don't use it but real world testing things like Eraser have a long shelf life.

Have a great night!
Corey

rms64
06-13-2013, 08:01 PM

First, let me say Hi Bob!!!!

Bob is right on, it is light blue since it was released. The difference in color is of no concern whatsoever. The active ingredients are of the exact same proportions since its release. We had a batch awhile back that had too much color to it which we addressed a couple months ago. It was not a big deal but the lighter color is preferable to me and most others for minor reasons, none of which are effectiveness or function of product.

Expiration: CarPro shows a one year date on all products but Eraser does not expire in any reasonable length of time. I've never seen or heard of an issue. Many others do not expire in a year either. The coatings however, CQuartz, and UK most certainly do. One year expiration is CarPro's official date and should be followed so its on each of us if we don't use it but real world testing things like Eraser have a long shelf life.

Have a great night!
Corey

Thanks for addressing this - just to confirm - those of us who received the darker version (I got mine a few months ago and it's definitely darker) have no cause for concern? Seems to work well regardless!

FUNX650
06-13-2013, 08:01 PM
One thing I'm curious about, how does this stuff seem to add a "slickness" or reduced friction to the surface, but doesn't leave anything behind??
@swanicyouth:

Might want to check on the "end-results" of (Sodium) Lauryl Sulfate's properties for an answer to your above query.

BTW....I am curious to find out what active ingredients are in CarPro's Erasure.....can someone please provide that info (MSDS)? Thanks in advance.

Bob, the MSDS says it contains about 30% ipa, 60% deionized water, lauryl sulfate, proprietary scent,
and I think there was one other non hazardous component if I recall correctly.

Thank you very much for this information Corey....it is most helpful!!!

-(Sodium) Lauryl Sulfate.....
Well-known for its use as a surfactant, foaming and thickening agent, degreaser, oils/stain remover in many, many, many cleaning products

Bob

FUNX650
06-13-2013, 08:04 PM

And a hearty Hi to you as well Corey!!

Bob

SonOfOC
06-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Thanks Corey! Makes sense, I've been using the dark blue batch with OC and C1 with no issues. Out of curiosity, I used a damp white towel and wiped after using Eraser and it picked up some remaining blue color. So maybe, the "light blue" will eliminate this.

Although Eraser like other paint wipes will leave something behind; what is left behind does not hinder coatings adhesion like oils and waxes.

Corey