PDA

View Full Version : Ash marks on headliner

Dirtyaintpurty
06-13-2013, 12:35 PM
I've got an issue with cigarette ash marks on the headliner on a 2012 dodge journey. What can I use to clean up these marks, they're also on the visor, the visor hard material though. By the way, I'm not the one that left the ash marks or smokes even.

MattyL
06-13-2013, 01:22 PM
I cleaned my whole cabin's headliner not that long ago using Chemical Guys Nonsense as a spot treater at a 6:1 dilution with no problems. Dab the stain and lightly agitate, let it soak for a couple minutes, dab again with fresh water. Repeat until stain is removed. Worked for me.....

BillE
06-14-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm guessing this is a fabric headliner...try GENTLY with an "art gum eraser."

Bill

Dr_Pain
06-14-2013, 08:13 AM
Folex!! and some microfiber

Like any liquid based products (on the headliner), use sparingly and do not allow to soak too long for fear of messing the adhesive.

T3 AutoDetails
06-14-2013, 09:00 AM
I take my MF fold it 4 ways, Spray some APC (all purpose cleaner) on the towel and blot the area. I then have a smaller horse hair style tooth brush and I lightly agitate but do no rub because then your just smearing it around. Blotting is key here.

If it still appears wet I will run the shop vac over it but in almost all cases I have come across personally just blotting works fine.

Triple Shine
06-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Folex, MF and the Tornador Black. I use Simple Green diluted in it. Works great every time.