PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum w/Audi Q7 blk/blk. Question/Advise on products

BC1999
06-13-2013, 08:08 AM
Hi all .. I am new to the forum (sorry if post appears 2x I think I put in wrong section) and I have an Audi Q7 black on Black. I want to keep this short and sweet and get any advice for anyone here willing to chime in. I want to have that nice deep wet finish look once I am done with polish/wax. I have light swirl marks on my Audi and a couple deep ones which I will countinue to research before I do any wet sanding so for now I will just get rid of all the swirl marks and I also have an older Maxima with some serious imperfections I will experiment on 1st. So here is my cart let me know what additional I will need or do not need. I have been on here reasearching for about 5days now lol there just so many products and so many different opinions so I picked items that numerious people recommended..

Products:
Harbor Freight DA
3m 5" Backing plate (with counter weight)
Lake country 5.5" CCS Pads (6 pack = 2 Orange, 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 gray 1 Blue)
Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax
Mequiars Mirror Glaze #9 Swirl Remover 2.0
Meguiars M205 ultra finishing Polish
Griots Garage Paint leaning Clay
Klasse High gloss glaze
P21S Polishing soap

Samples:
Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz
Wolfgang Leather Care Conditioner
Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel

Thanks In advance !!!!!

rms64
06-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Welcome, and looks like a good list!

You mention doing some practice on your Maxima - I'd suggest picking up some Menzerna FG400 which will cut a bit more than the 205 (or even 105 to experiment with) if you're trying to do more than remove light swirls.

Again, welcome - lots of great help here, and yes it can be overwhelming!

BC1999
06-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Thanks !! I added the M105 to the package !

Welcome, and looks like a good list!

You mention doing some practice on your Maxima - I'd suggest picking up some Menzerna FG400 which will cut a bit more than the 205 (or even 105 to experiment with) if you're trying to do more than remove light swirls.

Again, welcome - lots of great help here, and yes it can be overwhelming!