PDA

View Full Version : Question about AIO polish

lineman
06-13-2013, 12:42 AM
If you use an AIO polish such as Blackfire Total Polish and Seal or Poorboys Polish-n-Seal can you go back over it with a dedicated sealer, like Opti-Seal or Wolf Gang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal for added protection? Will they adhere since the surface already has a sealant from the polish?

AutowerxDetailing
06-13-2013, 12:49 AM
Yes. Although the point of an AIO is to not have to go back over it with another last step product... In any event you should have no problems adding another layer of protection if you so desire.

psynx
06-13-2013, 12:59 AM
Nu finish is all you need. No additional protection

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

mwoolfso
06-13-2013, 06:31 AM
If you use an AIO polish such as Blackfire Total Polish and Seal or Poorboys Polish-n-Seal can you go back over it with a dedicated sealer, like Opti-Seal or Wolf Gang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal for added protection? Will they adhere since the surface already has a sealant from the polish?

Yes, they will adhere. However, the durability is usually questioned. I don't think I have ever topped an AIO with another sealant. In my mind, I am not putting more expensive sealants over an AIO; which typically increase your costs while not providing as much benefit. I do, however, follow-up an AIO with a wax. Most of the time it is Optimum Car Wax; to give a good chance at 4-5 months of durability.

PA DETAILER
06-13-2013, 06:33 AM
yes. favorite combo is BF P&S topped with BF CRYSTAL SEAL.

FUNX650
06-13-2013, 11:38 AM
Take the Klasse Twins for example:
It is recommended to follow-up KAIO (a cleaner/sealant) with KHGSG.
Been that way for decades now.

Using the Klasse-analogy:
-Sealant atop an AIO-Cleaner/Sealant
-Wax atop an AIO-Cleaner/Wax

:)

Bob

BlackHawk
06-13-2013, 11:54 AM
nu finish is all you need. No additional protection

sent from my sch-i605 using ag online

lmao

KillaCam
06-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Nu finish is all you need. No additional protection

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

Until a year from now. Maybe if you layer it you won't have to reapply for 2 years?

Kyle_Elantra
06-20-2013, 10:03 AM
I purchased XMT 360 to use on my new car as it doesn't need much correction work so I'm going to use an AIO.

I also bought the combo pack of DP Sealant and Collinite 845. Is it okay to use them in that order?

Or should I skip the DP Sealant?

I also want to finish with Megs #26, is this too much?

Thanks!

FUNX650
06-20-2013, 04:26 PM
I purchased XMT 360 to use on my new car as it doesn't need much correction work so I'm going to use an AIO.

I also bought the combo pack of DP Sealant and Collinite 845. Is it okay to use them in that order?

Or should I skip the DP Sealant?

I also want to finish with Megs #26,

is this too much?

Thanks!

Are you really asking if layering: just four different products on your vehicle...would be too much...
On an Enthusiast's forum?!?!

J/K

One route to take:
It's been suggested to apply/layer LSP products to one section of a vehicle (ex: one-half of the hood)
in order to be able to discern if there would be any difference(s) in doing so.

Usually boils down to ones personal preference.

:)

Bob

Kyle_Elantra
06-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Thanks Bob!
I will have to do it like that, one step and one spot at a time to see if I like what I see.
I kinda went overboard with my first order and now I want to use it all lol.

I'm hoping the 360 will take care of some minor imperfections in the new paint, the DP sealant will...well...seal, and the 845 as the wax.

I guess I'll try the #26 but it may not be necessary. Stupid 845 being durable I won't have a reason to wax again as soon as I want!