PDA

View Full Version : Last step on Polishing process

lonye
06-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Hi All.

I bought a Porter Cable some weeks Ago and I'm looking forward to do my first detail on my car.
As I live in Argentina, I need to buy all things together in order to reduce shipping cost.
My car is a Ford Fiesta 2011 (dark grey - Monterey Metallic Clearcoat). It has only lights swirls, since i have always take care of it.
I decide to buy wolfgang twins to remove swirls, followed by Klasse.
Would be any difference if I apply Menzerna SF 4500 after the Swirl remover? Would I get a nicer finish?

Would it be right to apply Klasse AIO after Klasse Sealant?

And another Question, is there any Quick detailer recomendation to use with Klasse? I read there is a Sonus Acrylic which gets on really well with Klasse... Is there any difference with using for instance DG Aquawax?

Thanks for you Help,

PD: AG is the best! I really get good information on this
forum!
PD: Sorry for my English!

lonye
06-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Please, anyone?
I need to finish my order tomorrow!
Any advice would be nice!

Thanks!

rms64
06-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Hi,

I can't speak to the Klasse part of things but will say that as far as the SF4500 question, it's pretty much a matter of how far you really want to go. I have used SF4500 with excellent results on my BMW which is a dark color like your car. This was after using FG400 to take out swirls, etc.

That being said - and I haven't used the Wolfgang twins - but my guess is you could achieve fantastic results with just the Twins and forgo the SF4500. But, if you're doing this (like I am) with an eye towards the best possible shine, then follow with SF4500 for that last final step.

I hope this helps a little - there is such a thing as "diminishing returns" and it's really up to you in terms of how far you want to take it. For me, a no brainer as I really enjoy the process and trying new things.

Good luck and post up some pics!

Edit: Your English is great and I think it's awesome to have folks from so far away being part of the forum!

lonye
06-12-2013, 10:06 PM
Thanks for you answer rms!

As you say, this is my car and I want to finish it as best as possible.
So I think I'll add de PF4500 after wolgang twins.

One question: If the car has only light swirls, can FG400 with an orange pad would be too agressive?

I think I must do a test spot!

rms64
06-12-2013, 10:09 PM
No problem at all - I'm no expert but like you want my car to look as good as possible.

You definitely should do a test spot - FG400 has given amazing results for me, using a LC Orange pad. Just depends on your budget and what you're trying to accomplish. As I said, I've never used the Twins and I believe you could achieve excellent results with just that combo.

Have fun and don't forget those pics sometime!

lonye
06-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Thanks for your Help!

Can anyone else help me to choose between Wolfgang twins and Menzerna FG400 + PF4000 + PF4500?

psynx
06-13-2013, 01:09 AM
Thanks for your Help!

Can anyone else help me to choose between Wolfgang twins and Menzerna FG400 + PF4000 + PF4500?

Menz pg400 pf2500 and sf4000

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

sunday joe
06-13-2013, 06:54 AM
Hi All.

I bought a Porter Cable some weeks Ago and I'm looking forward to do my first detail on my car.
As I live in Argentina, I need to buy all things together in order to reduce shipping cost.
My car is a Ford Fiesta 2011 (dark grey - Monterey Metallic Clearcoat). It has only lights swirls, since i have always take care of it.
I decide to buy wolfgang twins to remove swirls, followed by Klasse.
Would be any difference if I apply Menzerna SF 4500 after the Swirl remover? Would I get a nicer finish?

Would it be right to apply Klasse AIO after Klasse Sealant?

And another Question, is there any Quick detailer recomendation to use with Klasse? I read there is a Sonus Acrylic which gets on really well with Klasse... Is there any difference with using for instance DG Aquawax?

Thanks for you Help,

PD: AG is the best! I really get good information on this
forum!
PD: Sorry for my English!

Klasse AIO followed by Klasse HGSG.

lonye
06-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Sorry, I ment Klasse AIO Before Klasse Sealant.
I 've just checked out than Menzerna is alot cheaper here in Argentina, So I'll buy it here (I'll add more items to AG order lol).

So pg400 pf2500 and sf4000 and No use of SF4500? have 4000 and 4500 the same finish?