PDA

View Full Version : PB PwC/PwS users - a moment please

Omega_2nr
06-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Hey guys,

Looking for some answers from those having experience with Poorboys Polish w/ Carnauba (or Polish w/ sealant).

Does PwC (standard - not "blue") only mask light defects, or can it actually remove light defects?

Is it a "what you see is what you get" polish? Or is it a "swirls reappear after XX washes" polish?

I understand that the polish is not intended for serious correction, but instead, for cleaning and removal of very light swirls and whatnot.

My thoughts are:

1) PwC could perhaps be regarded as PB Pro Polish with some wax added to it (I believe tuscacora dave mentioned this). I see that Pro Polish has been shown to be a potent polish with the ability to correct defects based on pad selection. Therefore, PwC could have similar capabilities.....?

2) PwC BLUE is supposed to have fillers to hide defects on darker paint. No mention is made of this for the standard version in PB's description.

I've used it to remove some very mild swirls on a near perfect finish - I guess I wanted to see if this was just temporary masking, or if what I see is the actual final finish.

Omega_2nr
06-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Any ideas guys?

RPPM
06-12-2013, 04:06 PM
I have used PwS with an Orange Pad on a Flex 3401. It does indeed have minor correction capabilities on speed 5 with moderate pressure. On a GG6, or Megs G110 V2 at speed 4 on a polishing pad, not really. According to comparison charts I have seen, it is supposed to be on par with Meguiars 205 for cut. I think it is a little short of that from personal experience.

cleanmycorolla
06-12-2013, 04:41 PM
I've used PwS with my GG6" with Orange and White 5 1/2" pads and have gotten correction out of it on my car. However it may vary depending on paint. However it cleans really well and has good durability. I once used PwS and topped with DP Max Wax my car was popping bright flakes everywhere. It's a pad dependent product so play with it to see what works best for you.

02CAMSS
06-12-2013, 05:11 PM
It will correct but it has more to do with the pad than the product... PES or PWC are great products

Omega_2nr
06-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Fantastic - thanks for the responses :)

Yes I realise the pad has alot to do with how it performs.