PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845 v Megs 16: What should I look for?

BlackCoupe
05-30-2007, 04:47 PM
I have fresh coat of Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Sealant on my trunk lid. Black car. Waited 24 hours and have now put Megs 16 on the right half and Collinite 845 Insulator Wax on the other. As the days go by, what should I look for? I guess I shouldn't QD after washing with Souveran Spray Wax or it will screw up the test?

I'm not a very good tester--I usually want to strip everything down and do it again in two weeks.

Truls
05-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Beading of water

How easy the dirt comes of when washing

Gloss

Slick

Dont use QD

And please come with your impression in some weeks, im woundering about buying the collinite 845.

I always forget what i put where when i do a test. so i also end stripping it of and reaply something other on my wifes car...he he

supercharged
05-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Beading of water

How easy the dirt comes of when washing

Gloss

Slick

Dont use QD

And please come with your impression in some weeks, im woundering about buying the collinite 845.

I always forget what i put where when i do a test. so i also end stripping it of and reaply something other on my wifes car...he he
:iagree: :iagree:

BlackCoupe
05-30-2007, 06:11 PM

That's why I specified which side--for when I forget I can come and check the thread.

Grimm
05-30-2007, 07:37 PM
If you are waiting to see how long the beading lasts on the Collinite, you won't make it :D You will have to wait until at least September to see any diminishing of that stuff.

Surfer
05-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Our Lincoln has EX-P and Collinite 915 done in January....still beading tightly:eek:, I don't know what the heck Collinite uses in their waxes that makes them so strong, plus 915 looks very nice.

Nica
05-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Very interesting topic, looking forward to the test results. I got some Collinite and Meg's #16 as well but haven't usedd them just yet, I will be using both shortly though.