PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who have used Zymol Glasur

otruba_843
06-10-2013, 06:00 PM
I decided to give the Zymol line a try for a change from PBMG. I got My Glasur today and have a question or two. How do you apply this stuff? Its so soft that it seems like it would be hard to get a small amount out of the pot onto an applicator. Is using it with bare hands the best way? What about getting a small amount of it on your finger and spreading it onto and applicator that way? The smell it has is absolutely amazing. What about storing it? It was super soft from being shipped in 85-90 degree weather and thought about keeping it in a fridge to keep it a little more firm.

hoyt66
06-10-2013, 06:11 PM
I have it and love it! It is meant to be applied bare handed so will be softer than most. Use the search engine. Theres a ton of info on Glasur.
I use bare hands. I put a very little on my finger and put into my palm. I then rub my hands together creating some heat and then apply to a small area at a time. When you think your "out" of wax just rub your hands together again and start applying. A little goes forever!

umi000
06-10-2013, 07:09 PM
I don't like using bare hands for any chemical (skin issues), so I used a regular foam applicator. Place the applicator on top of the wax, do a quarter-twist with no pressure - you'll have enough on the pad for a panel or two. And yes, I keep mine in the fridge as well - with temperatures over 38 C (100 F), some waxes tend to start melting or outgassing if kept at room temperature.

vegas911gts
06-17-2013, 05:20 AM
Use your bare hands. It took awhile to get used to it first, but for glasur thats the only way to do it right. Some SV waxes are the same.

dlc95
06-17-2013, 06:14 AM
I don't like using bare hands for any chemical (skin issues), so I used a regular foam applicator. Place the applicator on top of the wax, do a quarter-twist with no pressure - you'll have enough on the pad for a panel or two. And yes, I keep mine in the fridge as well - with temperatures over 38 C (100 F), some waxes tend to start melting or outgassing if kept at room temperature.

I'm a drummer on my better days and that's how I like to apply mine as well. Most of the year I can keep my Zymol waxes in the basement. In the summer, I try to get them in the fridge.

SlowWRX
06-17-2013, 06:49 AM
I hate bare hands stuff. tried it once and never again. I personally feel like it waste more product then anything. I use the 3" griot red waxing pads and the 3" pad holder they have..it fits in the pot and just dont press to hard when putting pad in pot. then twist few times and spread it on. it goes on very nice and thin. For the price it puts the over priced PBMG waxes to shame. I have owend Fuzion, BlackIce, Midnight Sun, and Souveran and I feel non of them are as good and MS is the only one that is cheaper

hoyt66
06-17-2013, 07:58 AM
I hate bare hands stuff. tried it once and never again. I personally feel like it waste more product then anything. I use the 3" griot red waxing pads and the 3" pad holder they have..it fits in the pot and just dont press to hard when putting pad in pot. then twist few times and spread it on. it goes on very nice and thin. For the price it puts the over priced PBMG waxes to shame. I have owend Fuzion, BlackIce, Midnight Sun, and Souveran and I feel non of them are as good and MS is the only one that is cheaper

The hand wax is def not for everyone. It takes patience and more work than most waxes to apply it thin. It can be done with time and effort. It's not my favorite but I like it for a change up.

SlowWRX
06-17-2013, 08:46 AM
other problem I do not trust my hands to not scratch my paint..they are kinda rough and dry

hoyt66
06-17-2013, 08:50 AM
other problem I do not trust my hands to not scratch my paint..they are kinda rough and dry

Good point . I use to program cnc's before designing full time. I used to have small steel slivers embedded in my hands all the time. I think about that everytime I " hand" wax.

yakky
06-17-2013, 09:21 AM
The bear hands method is ridiculous. Likely thought up so you use more product. I apply using a foam applicator and it works well. I easily get 3+ months on a daily driver parked outside 24x7.

FUNX650
06-17-2013, 11:46 AM
IMO...
Meguiar's #26 is more than estimable for hand application.
And, by doing so...I get the same high-falutin', rootin'-tootin':
"Catalytic exteriorization phenomena experiences"...for around one-sixth the price of Glasur.

Goes to show I don't have to rely on any car-care company's marketing-machine's magicians to conjure a way
to sway my spiritual mind-centricity to enjoy the paranormal...which some say may be spiritual as well.

Side Bar:
Am I the only one that has trepidations about falling/slipping...if there were to be any 'spillages', (so to say),
of car-care products (such as waxes) that contain: "Banana Oils"?!?!...:eek:...:D...

Bob

hoyt66
06-17-2013, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=FUNX725;892866]IMO...
Meguiar's #26 is more than estimable for hand application.
And, by doing so...I get the same high-falutin', rootin'-tootin':
"Catalytic exteriorization phenomena experiences"...for around one-sixth the price of Glasur.

Goes to show I don't have to rely on any car-care company's marketing-machine's magicians to conjure a way
to sway my spiritual mind-centricity to enjoy the paranormal...which some say may be spiritual as well.

Side Bar:
Am I the only one that has trepidations about falling/slipping...if there were to be any 'spillages', (so to say),
of car-care products (such as waxes) that contain: "Banana Oils"?!?!...:eek:...:D...

Bob[/

Well said!