PDA

View Full Version : Products & Techniques - Clearbra owners

MadOzodi
05-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Hello all. I've decided to take the plunge and get a clearbra for my car, full kit. I'd appreciate some input from owners about what products they use, if any, on top of the material. I'd imagine my AIO would be ok on top of it, but don't know for sure. I wax/seal by hand, so for now I'm not worried about messing up the material with a PC.

My gut tells me that it'd be best to use AIO and then maybe a carnuba on top of it as opposed to a synthetic like the Klasse SG and WGDGPS. Definitely going to pick up a Pinnacle bug sponge thingy too.

Red350
05-31-2007, 01:38 PM
I have VentureShield clear bra on all front parts of my 07 Lexus IS350 (red)
and have NO regrets. The latest 3M is supposed to be as good.
You should not use any polishes with abrasives but all else is pretty much ok.
My best found combo I am using is the following:

Klasse AIO
Wolfgang DGPS x 2
Pinnacle SovII

Also the PC is safe on it too but use finishing pads only
results -:awesome: Im the MAN :righton: :cheers:

MadOzodi
06-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the input! I'll be going the Ventureshield route also. My mother has the same color IS but has the 250 AWD. Got the Klasse twins already and the WG DG Spritz sealant so it looks like I'm good to go.

:awesome:

A1monky
06-01-2007, 03:01 PM
I have the 3m clear bra on my blk EVO and I love it. If you drive alot and have a dark colored car it is def. worth it. I use Z-AIO on my bra, it is abrasive. It really helps the hide the bra. 3m sprays a automotive clear coat on their film. But they still recommend no polishing. I have read threads where someone used a pc on their bra. If you do u have to tape off all edges, and be very careful. Since you dont use a PC you should be fine.

RPM06
06-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Hello all. I've decided to take the plunge and get a clearbra for my car, full kit. I'd appreciate some input from owners about what products they use, if any, on top of the material. I'd imagine my AIO would be ok on top of it, but don't know for sure. I wax/seal by hand, so for now I'm not worried about messing up the material with a PC.

My gut tells me that it'd be best to use AIO and then maybe a carnuba on top of it as opposed to a synthetic like the Klasse SG and WGDGPS. Definitely going to pick up a Pinnacle bug sponge thingy too.

I've got a Ventureshield on my Vette. I treat it pretty much the same as my paint. I've had it for about 2 years now and I'd say its probably the best mod I've done to date. By the way that Pinnnacle Bug sponge is awesome!

I generally go the RMG and Souveran route throughout my car.
:cheers: