PDA

View Full Version : How long...

CBlack
06-09-2013, 10:54 PM
OK, so I work in Houston every other week and have access to my work's warehouse in the evenings (6pm to whenever) to work in my truck.

Last time I did this, I washed the truck, dried, brought inside and proceeded to work with the Megs DA system and put BFWD on aftewards. Took me until almost 2am to get all that done.

I don't want do to that this time.

Thinking of washing, claying, and doing the first step in correction one night. The next step the next night and the third night applying the BFWD.

Can I wait that long? It might even be a week before I get home and finish it out in my garage.

I just don't have the time currently to do it all in one long day over the weekend.

Anyone else staged it out like this?

Thanks.

thebamboo23
06-09-2013, 11:02 PM
i dont see why it wouldnt work out.. youll get a free scratches/swirls in between, but nothing major

although, you could do an AIO.. not as much gloss/protection, but does the job

Hey, i live in houston too.. Maybe i could give you a hand so you can finish in one night?

Pureshine
06-09-2013, 11:33 PM
On some of my 2 steps take me 2 days of polishing its fine to finish next day if its parked inside.

mwoolfso
06-10-2013, 06:23 AM
If you wash, clay and correct on night #1, then proceed to take the vehicle on the road to go home and then come back to work the next morning.... you would probably need to clay again before you apply any sealant, let alone BFWD.

Other than that "nuance", this is my typical process when I use BFWD. I don't take the car on the road thought so all I need to do is a good QD before I apply BFWD.

CBlack
06-10-2013, 11:07 PM
i dont see why it wouldnt work out.. youll get a free scratches/swirls in between, but nothing major

although, you could do an AIO.. not as much gloss/protection, but does the job

Hey, i live in houston too.. Maybe i could give you a hand so you can finish in one night?

Thanks for the offer but they're not too keen on non-employees/family being on the premises after hours. ;)

On some of my 2 steps take me 2 days of polishing its fine to finish next day if its parked inside.

I have to drive it that's the problem.

If you wash, clay and correct on night #1, then proceed to take the vehicle on the road to go home and then come back to work the next morning.... you would probably need to clay again before you apply any sealant, let alone BFWD.

Other than that "nuance", this is my typical process when I use BFWD. I don't take the car on the road thought so all I need to do is a good QD before I apply BFWD.

Thanks. That's kind of what I thought but wanted to be sure I was doing the right process.

Showed up today with all of my gear and now I don't know if I'll even get to do it at all! :doh:

Pureshine
06-11-2013, 12:15 AM
If you do it the next day and you have to drive it just do a good rinseless wash and your good no need to clay again.