PDA

View Full Version : how to remove polish/wax on plastic trim?

wompasaurus
06-09-2013, 09:35 PM
alright so just purchased a new car and there is polish or wax all over the trim around the entire vehicle i asked the owner how long its been there he said at least a year. I've removed it same day when you make that mistake but this has been there so long i spent a huge amount of time today trying to remove it with no luck. It's very disappointing after spending all that time scrubbing using a brush and not getting any results. i feel it may have removed a bit of it but not as much as it should have. any helpful hints here would be greatly appreciated. (not sure if this is the right area for this question i hope it is)

Pureshine
06-09-2013, 09:40 PM
All Purpose cleaner that should do the job.

wompasaurus
06-09-2013, 09:52 PM
i used Allclean+ today at a 5 to one dilution ratio. used a brush to agitate the areas spent a good 20 mins on some pieces with low to no results. would something like a scotch bright pad work? I've used them for interior scuffs on plastic before obviously using light pressure to not harm the trim.

4ord
06-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Try dura gloss wax eraser and a good dressing.

wompasaurus
06-09-2013, 10:01 PM
its 60% hidden with a dressing but id prefer to correct the problem than cover it. ill have to try the dura gloss eraser