PDA

View Full Version : Are there special towels just for cleaning glass and do any of you use a squeegee?

Pages : [1] 2 3

ShowCar
06-09-2013, 07:16 PM
I tried different microfiber towels and they were junk for glass. I ended up using a dish towel. It was the kind that didn't have lint. I don't know what you call it, not like a bath towel.

Is there a special kind of towel for glass? I'm ready to start using old t-shirts. There's always some streak or smudge you can see later that when the light hits the windshield just right.

What about a squeegee on the outside window? I've cleaned my glass at a gas station many times and never had a streak, but that was before even being interested in detailing. Inside might be different, cover the dash with a towel, I don't know.

Thanks.

SYMAWD
06-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Yes there is.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99FDzZrzjnY]How to Get Streak Free Mirrors, Glass, and Windows - YouTube[/video]

ShowCar
06-09-2013, 07:23 PM
What about medical rags?

edit: I think they are called surgical towels :).

TroyScherer
06-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Yes. You may want to check out my review of the CarPro FastGlass towel.

Link: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/65863-product-review-carpro-fast-glass-towel.html

feslope
06-09-2013, 08:15 PM
They are called "Surigical Hucks"

psnt1ol
06-09-2013, 08:33 PM

Link: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/65863-product-review-carpro-fast-glass-towel.html

I was looking for your review but you beat me to it. :props:

These towels are great but now I have to figure what to do with all the glass cleaners.

mpkav
06-09-2013, 09:48 PM
I use Cobra waffle weave towels with Megs D120!! Works great!!

MyFirstES300
06-09-2013, 10:26 PM
I bought these about a month back and they are already starting to fray at the corners :( I don't think it will be long before they begin to completely fall apart. Otherwise they do a decent job cleaning the glass. Just poorly made.

The Cobra Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towel cleans & buffs glass to crystal clarity with the soft texture of genuine Cobra microfiber. (http://www.autogeek.net/ww1627.html)

theblob640
06-09-2013, 10:26 PM

+1 I use the same exact products and they work great. I also want to add D120 is very economical, 11 gallons of window cleaner with $20 worth of gallon concentrate. After cleaning with window mf, follow up with a long nap mf to buff off.

masterpartha
06-10-2013, 01:11 AM
+1 I use the same exact products and they work great. I also want to add D120 is very economical, 11 gallons of window cleaner with $20 worth of gallon concentrate. After cleaning with window mf, follow up with a long nap mf to buff off.

+1 Im totally impressed with most of Meguiars Detailers line of products, especially this glass cleaner. Only recently came across it and my glass has never looked better. Have even started using it around the house :p

I tend to wipe the glass with a normal microfiber towel first to remove most of the dirt or whatever is on the glass. And then finish off with a Sonax glass towel. Leaves a perfect streak free finish.

The problem with the towels can be due to the fact that the glass cleaner is strong chemical and therefore after cleaning the glass I immediately put the towels in a bucket of water and later wash it the same day (i follow this with every other chemical as I've lost a few towels). This has made my glass towels last longer. Also since I use two towels, most of the cleaner doesnt come in contact with the glass towel.

vet
06-10-2013, 07:00 AM
I use Stoners Invisible Glass, wipe with a waffle-weave, and then with another clean one.

I don't spray cleaner or protectant on the dash or door panels, I spray them on an applicator and wipe, being careful not to get it on the glass.

poweraid
06-10-2013, 07:26 AM
cleaning glass just sucks . my least fav thing to do . I started with waffle weave glass towels , ah so so . then I got huck towels . much better . I always just sprayed on one towel and dried with another . then I got some fast glass towels with only di or ro h2o and whammo ! I keep my glass pretty clean and clean regularly . but for other vehicles I may do which I have no idea what kinda crap is on it and how long it's last been cleaned , I'll start with my huck towels and Meg's glass cleaner just to get most of the gunk off and finish with the fast glass towels with for streak free .

BradsDetailing
06-10-2013, 07:35 AM
:iagree:

Wors
06-10-2013, 07:44 AM

+1, The CarPro FastGlass towels work amazing.

statusdetailing
06-10-2013, 08:49 AM
The right glass specific towel makes all the difference in the world. You need something with a tighter weave, smooth not fluffy like paint towels.
I use onr, with a glass towel and then buff perfectly clean with a dry, proforce microfiber from sam's. I have no problems with windows