PDA

View Full Version : Best carpet/upholstery cleaner/shampoo

Pages : [1] 2

BradsDetailing
06-09-2013, 07:06 PM
What's the best carpet and upholstery cleaner/shampoo you have either used or heard of?

VP Mark
06-09-2013, 07:09 PM
I use Cg fabric clean and am really happy with it. Ive got a gallon of 303 fabric cleaner and have not tried it yet. APC+ works good as a fabric cleaner also when used with a steamer or extractor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

sproketser
06-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Sub d , need some also .

Anthony@zerboautoworks
06-09-2013, 07:29 PM
+1 CG fabric clean, I use Folex also for tuff stains.

BradsDetailing
06-09-2013, 07:30 PM
I use Cg fabric clean and am really happy with it. Ive got a gallon of 303 fabric cleaner and have not tried it yet. APC+ works good as a fabric cleaner also when used with a steamer or extractor.

I was thinking about getting the chemical guys. I use folex but need something more sudsy and cheaper

MattyL
06-09-2013, 07:37 PM
I have achieved excellent results spot treating with Chemical Guys Nonsense. About a month ago I undertook the painstaking task of spot treating every stain in the whole cabin's headliner with Nonsense at 6:1 and it performed effortlessly. The only drawback I can gather with Nonsense is it being odorless. Whatever medium you choose when cleaning the carpet, you want to leave a fresh LIGHT scent behind- or that's how I feel at least.

jjj
06-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Folex and cg products have never ever failed me.

Dimetera413
06-09-2013, 07:40 PM
I was thinking about getting the chemical guys. I use folex but need something more sudsy and cheaper

I thought Folex was only 10 bucks at Home Depot? I don't think you can dilute it, though. CG Fabric Clean is okay, it foams way too much in the extractor though even when diluted to the point where it's pretty week. Optimum Power Clean is my go-to.

VP Mark
06-09-2013, 07:48 PM
I thought Folex was only 10 bucks at Home Depot? I don't think you can dilute it, though. CG Fabric Clean is okay, it foams way too much in the extractor though even when diluted to the point where it's pretty week. Optimum Power Clean is my go-to.

If I'm using the extractor and have a really nasty car I will put a little APC+ or 3d extractor shampoo in the extractor. Usually I will pretreat and agitate cg fabric clean then follow up with the extractor with no solution.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-09-2013, 07:53 PM
What ratio do you guys use Fabric Clean on soiled carpet?

BradsDetailing
06-09-2013, 08:14 PM

Just picked up a gallon for about $16 and non dilutable. Used a whole bottle on one car yesterday.

VP Mark
06-09-2013, 08:16 PM
What ratio do you guys use Fabric Clean on soiled carpet?

1.5 oz per 32 oz bottle.

BradsDetailing
06-09-2013, 08:16 PM
I also use opc but I find it more useful on vinyl. I tried it on upholstry but found 5:1 to be too strong so things were looking spotty. It also doesn't foam as well as I'd like to lift up the dirt.

Dimetera413
06-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Just picked up a gallon for about $16 and non dilutable. Used a whole bottle on one car yesterday.

I didn't even know they had a gallon of Folex. I thought it was just the 32oz bottle but that's great to know.

BradsDetailing
06-09-2013, 08:40 PM
I didn't either til I was guided to the upright carpet cleaner section