PDA

View Full Version : New window cleaner I found.

WAXOFF
06-09-2013, 05:11 PM
I was at Home Depot on Friday and was looking for something to clean the windows in my house with. I'm not the best with windows and admit it. My wife also admits it. She say you can clean a car like nobodys business but your windows aren't that good. Well anyway I found a bottle of product made by Unger. It's 32 oz and it makes 25 gallons of window cleaner. I did the windows around the house today and they never looked better. Just mixed a gallon jug and poured some in a spray bottle. It only cost 6 dollars. Has anyone ever used any product that's for household or industrial cleaning on cars before? I let you know how it works on my car the next time I clean it. You can try ther link below.

Unger 32 oz. Concentrate Liquid Window Cleaning Solution-0400 at The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unger-32-oz-Concentrate-Liquid-Window-Cleaning-Solution-0400/203177347?N=3jy#.UbT61Zw97IU)

Daviddear30
06-09-2013, 05:22 PM
I used thus with a 18" scrubber and 18" squegee at my martial arts academy. We have tons of glass :-). Works great with a squegee never tried it as a spray on wipe off product though

A1MobileDetailing
06-09-2013, 05:30 PM
It should be just fine. A lot of people use sprayaway and it wasn't designed specifically for cars. Make sure it doesn't have ammonia in it if you wash cars with tinting. Generally speaking, glass cleaner is glass cleaner.

Hoytman
06-09-2013, 06:29 PM
I was at Home Depot on Friday and was looking for something to clean the windows in my house with. I'm not the best with windows and admit it. My wife also admits it. She say you can clean a car like nobodys business but your windows aren't that good. Well anyway I found a bottle of product made by Unger. It's 32 oz and it makes 25 gallons of window cleaner. I did the windows around the house today and they never looked better. Just mixed a gallon jug and poured some in a spray bottle. It only cost 6 dollars. Has anyone ever used any product that's for household or industrial cleaning on cars before? I let you know how it works on my car the next time I clean it. You can try ther link below.

Unger 32 oz. Concentrate Liquid Window Cleaning Solution-0400 at The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unger-32-oz-Concentrate-Liquid-Window-Cleaning-Solution-0400/203177347?N=3jy#.UbT61Zw97IU)

Had the product for quite awhile now. Works as good as Meguiar's in my book...which isn't saying much. I mean...they both work great for windows that aren't that bad. However, for shear value, the Unger can't be beat. For really bad windows there's not subsitute for my go-to...

...many like it for wipe-downs.

I've found that window cleaning at times can be like cleaning carpet and fabrics. That is, depending on what has made the film on a window (or carpet stains) that is terribly dirty and stained up, different products may be required.

Example:
Nicotined stained windows that haven't been cleaned since Adam and Eve. I've not had much luck using Meguiar's dilutable glass cleaner. Sometimes, it takes trying numerous products to find something that works. More often than not, an ISP mixture, or even straight ISP beats most of my other window cleaners when it comes to nicotine. Don't be fooled into thinking that nicotine is nicotine either. I've noticed that there are differences depending on what has been smoked in the car and how many were smoking in the car. My $.02 cents.

DogRescuer
06-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Someone once said to try DW and I did and I love it. It may not be good for nicotine though.

Hoytman
06-09-2013, 07:17 PM
You might want to explain, to me and to folks reading this thread into the future, exactly what DW is.

DogRescuer
06-09-2013, 07:26 PM
You might want to explain, to me and to folks reading this thread into the future, exactly what DW is.
Sorry, Distilled Water.

Hoytman
06-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Man...I must be having one of those days...I should have known that...in fact I did, but I didn't remember it. Still, it's good to explain it for others who may be new to the forum. Good job!

MyFirstES300
06-09-2013, 10:38 PM
The most potent glass cleaner I have found to date for cleaning the front windshield is S P I C (apparently AG considers this a swear word?) and Span Disinfectant and Glass Cleaner. It has a bit of a chemical odor, but it is fantastic on oily and bug smeared windshields. For all other purposes I use Stoner's.

ski2
06-10-2013, 08:13 AM
I use ONR mixed at the regular dilution with a 16" and 6" squeege to do the windows in the house. Wipe with a MF towel squeezed out so it's a little on the damp side, squeege then wipe the edges with a dry huck towel. Not only is it really fast, but the ONR seems to help keep the windows cleaner longer.

jwgreen6
06-10-2013, 08:35 AM
I use ONR mixed at the regular dilution with a 16" and 6" squeege to do the windows in the house. Wipe with a MF towel squeezed out so it's a little on the damp side, squeege then wipe the edges with a dry huck towel. Not only is it really fast, but the ONR seems to help keep the windows cleaner longer.

:iagree:

Anyone use the Mothers California Gold Water Spot Remover (http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-water-spot-remover.html)?

MyFirstES300
06-10-2013, 08:51 AM
I found the Ultima Waterless Wash works great too. I had done my entire car yesterday with this stuff and I was blown away by the results. Using this to complete the whole wash for the windows eliminated the need to have glass cleaner on hand. Windows were not that dirty, so the windows came out looking good.

Of course, it will be raining all this week in upstate NY, but the Ultima was a new toy in my arsenal and I was itching to try it. I'm finding some of these products could be universal, eliminating the need to have separate products for different tasks.

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+, Ultima waterless car wash, waterless auto wash, spray wash (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-waterless-wash-plus.html)