PDA

View Full Version : Griots vs Flex

iMuf
06-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Hey everyone so I am looking to get a new polisher. I Have one now that was passed down to me and is probably as old as I am lol. I'm looking at starting up a detailing business, and my question is, what should I go for out of the Griots 6" or the Flex 3401? I have heard really good things about both. However the flex is a couple more pretty pennies then the Griots. If I am a beginner who is looking to start up a detailing business, should I just bite the bullet and get the Flex, or will the Griots be good enough to get me by for a while until I really have the means to get something like the Flex? Thanks for the help guys

dorkiedoode
06-08-2013, 05:04 PM
For a weekend warrior a GG, if youre starting a business you will probably need both down the road. A GG will pretty much does everything you need the only thing I find it can't do is the car lines where it not straight. My GG would stop if I go into situation like this where the flex will be fine. I counter this on GG by switching to smaller pads. Both machine are great nonetheless. Therefore if you're really devoted into this business then flex would be great. Or you can save money now and go with GG then down the road use the money you make to upgrade. I'm pretty sure you will want both down the road cause this is what I'm going through debating to get the flex next.

iMuf
06-08-2013, 05:16 PM
For a weekend warrior a GG, if youre starting a business you will probably need both down the road. A GG will pretty much does everything you need the only thing I find it can't do is the car lines where it not straight. My GG would stop if I go into situation like this where the flex will be fine. I counter this on GG by switching to smaller pads. Both machine are great nonetheless. Therefore if you're really devoted into this business then flex would be great. Or you can save money now and go with GG then down the road use the money you make to upgrade. I'm pretty sure you will want both down the road cause this is what I'm going through debating to get the flex next.

That makes sense, I really appreciate it. Do you have a preference in pads? This will be the first polisher I have used that will take foam pads lol. I have heard good things about lake country pads, are they kind of the "norm"?

Success
06-08-2013, 05:30 PM
All depends how much you want to spend. If flex alone then you should also invest in one of the smaller bp options to give better diversity

psnt1ol
06-08-2013, 07:23 PM
I do agree with dorkiedoode. Eventually....you should have both. If you are going with the Flex then go with the LC Hybrid pads. With force rotation, there is a little learning curve. You will experience the "walk" effect that everyone complains about if the pad is not flat to the surface.