PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845 in constant "liquid state"

Memphis_Blue
06-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Usually, folks have questions about how to convert the thick, body lotion-esque consistency of Collie 845 into liquid for use (e.g. leave it in the sun, bucket of warm water, etc.).

I think I have thel reverse problem. I last used my Collintie 845 about two weeks ago; since then, it has been closed and stored indoors. Went to rearrange my detailing shelf this morning and noticed that my bottle of Collinite was still in liquid form.

Is this bad? Does it affect its performance and durability?

Klasse Act
06-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Subscribed! (Not that I have this issue, just curious)

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

jimjc
06-08-2013, 02:43 PM
No that isn`t a problem, sometimes it takes longer to get thick again, plus it is supposed to be a relatively thin liquid or you can`t use it. The way I use it is I purchased some 2 oz. plastic squeeze dispensers at Michaels [ a craft chain ] these are perfect because it only takes 1 oz. to do a car. and it`s small so I just slip it into my pocket when applying and it stays warm. I have 2 filled so I won`t touch the big bottle for a long time since it will do 4 cars and each application lasts for many months.

mpkav
06-08-2013, 02:46 PM
No that isn`t a problem, sometimes it takes longer to get thick again, plus it is supposed to be a relatively thin liquid or you can`t use it. The way I use it is I purchased some 2 oz. plastic squeeze dispensers at Michaels [ a craft chain ] these are perfect because it only takes 1 oz. to do a car. and it`s small so I just slip it into my pocket when applying and it stays warm. I have 2 filled so I won`t touch the big bottle for a long time since it will do 4 cars and each application lasts for many months.

I Did the exact same thing!!

jimjc
06-08-2013, 02:53 PM
I Did the exact same thing!!

Great minds think alike:xyxthumbs:

Anthony@zerboautoworks
06-08-2013, 03:24 PM
This is what I keep my #845 in:

MarkD51
06-08-2013, 03:49 PM
I've noticed this as well with the #845 I have on hand, that it remained in a quite liquid thin state after the initial "Shake", and I've never done nothing fancy with it, like hot water baths, in the sun, etc.

I suspect it has no effect on performance.

One of these days, I'm going to try taking a couple oz of #845, and mix it in with a 1/2 can of #476, and see what I come up with? :-)
Might be good!
Mark

mwoolfso
06-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Usually, folks have questions about how to convert the thick, body lotion-esque consistency of Collie 845 into liquid for use (e.g. leave it in the sun, bucket of warm water, etc.).

I think I have thel reverse problem. I last used my Collintie 845 about two weeks ago; since then, it has been closed and stored indoors. Went to rearrange my detailing shelf this morning and noticed that my bottle of Collinite was still in liquid form.

Is this bad? Does it affect its performance and durability?

Not bad and no durability impact near as I can tell. I had similar concerns last year or so when I got my 845. In my house it only begins to get chunky when the temp is less than 60 degrees in my basement.

Memphis_Blue
06-09-2013, 06:52 AM
Thanks, all.

The way I use it is I purchased some 2 oz. plastic squeeze dispensers at Michaels [ a craft chain ] these are perfect because it only takes 1 oz. to do a car. and it`s small so I just slip it into my pocket when applying and it stays warm.

Great idea!

MyFirstES300
06-09-2013, 07:44 AM
I live in the Northeast and as it gets colder out it gets clunky. I just keep the bottle out in the sun while washing the car and it goes back into the liquid state within 30 minutes or so. I have 2 bottles on hand that I have had for more than 2+ years, no issues with the product ever and it is my top choice sealant. -Ed