PDA

View Full Version : New to Souveran, Questions.

Pages : [1] 2

A1monky
05-30-2007, 08:56 AM
Hey Everybody! I am new to the Forum, and I have some questions.
I have been using Zaino for some time and I want to try something different.
I have black metallic paint and Carnauba gives me the best shine, and really brings out the flake. I have been thinking about using K AIO topped w/ liquid souveran. I live in Orlando, FL. And I drive a lot, durability is very important. I have planned to wax the car once a month. I participate in a club meet every month with high end exotics. The only way to get my EVO to stand out is to have a great finish.
The all important questions:
< How long does liquid souveran last in FL weather?
< Can it be layered? What is the cure time?
< I only QD directly after washing, should I buy crystal mist or the spray wax?
< Are there any other sealants I should look into?
< How can I remove 2 layers of Zaino Z-5 without using a PC?
Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance, Mike

supercharged
05-30-2007, 09:14 AM
You can remove your previous coats of Zaino with Klasse AIO.
Then apply 2 coats of SG (24 hours apart), then you can do 2 coats of Liquid Souveran (12 hours apart).

ScottB
05-30-2007, 09:14 AM
< How long does liquid souveran last in FL weather?
around 6-8 weeks on its own, you can amplify the time by using the Pinnacle Wash and Souveran Spray Wax as booster.
< Can it be layered? What is the cure time?
Carnaubas really dont layer, its believed the solvents in it could remove some/all previous layer. As for curing, liquid Souveran can be used on the entire car and then wiped off. If you decide to try the Souveran Paste (numero uno in looks) then it is WOWO --- carnaubas dont have cure time like paint sealants.
< I only QD directly after washing, should I buy crystal mist or the spray wax?
get the new Souveran Spray Wax booster, its Crystal Mist on steriods. Super wet looking.
< Are there any other sealants I should look into?
Whatcha looking for ?? Zaino is bright and reflective, just like Four Star UPP and DP Shield Shine. Others like Wolfgang and Poorboys EXP are warmer and mimic a carnauba a little better.
< How can I remove 2 layers of Zaino Z-5 without using a PC?
paint cleaner (pinnacle makes one), polish, or wipe down with isoporyl alcohol.
Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
check out the kits for Pinnacle best values. Remember you can use the Memorial Day discount code to save 15% off this week.

Mike T
05-30-2007, 09:27 AM
That about sums it up. I've already started redoing a full detail on my car. XMT 360 topped with WGDGPS. Then I will apply a layer of Souveran paste. Then top with Opti-Seal. I will maintain weekly with Souveran spray after each wash. I might throw a layer of Pink moose on before the paste. Wolfgang DGPS and Souveran compliment each other very well.

A1monky
05-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Thank you very much!
About the sealants,
I want to get away from the plastic look, and get a warmer more natural shine. Also using a carnuaba on top of zaino does not look good at all, IMO. <Do acrylic sealants help with marring?
<Killrwheels, would you consider AIO a warm sealant?
By the way your Vette is awesome, your wheels really compliment the car.
I have Pinnacle paintwork cleansing lotion. Hopefully that will get off all the zaino.
Thanks for the tip Supercharged, but I cant park the car for 3 days.
But method sounds like it would give an awesome shine.
<Since I will be buffing off the AIO after each panel. How long should wait after using the AIO to apply the Wax?
Thanks Mike T. I will check out Wolfgang DGPS.

Mike T
05-30-2007, 10:39 AM
With XMT 360 and PB's PwS you can immediately go to your LSP of choice.

ScottB
05-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Klasse AIO really doesnt have much of a look to it, doubt I would call it warm or bright. Together, the Klasse twins are bulletproof but a little sterile looking. I have always used a number of qd'er+ with gloss when using the twins. Souveran Spray Wax looks great over them also.

klumzypinoy
05-31-2007, 02:22 AM
Hey welcome! You have a sweet car, post pics please :).
Sorry I don't really have much answers for you, but for the sealant, I'd pick up Duragloss 105. I haven't used it, but I've read AL-53's review on this sealant and I would pick some up if I would get a sealant right now. I don't own a sealant by the way :p.

A1monky
05-31-2007, 09:07 AM
It looks like I have alot of options on the sealant. I Ordered Pinnicle Wash, Liquid Souveran, and the spray wax. I almost ordered a PC, but I got slammed with a $200 parking fine for taking my girl to the UCF ER.
I like DuraGloss 105, it sounds like a great product. I will search for the review.
<Has anyone used Zaino AIO W/ Souveran?
I already have some, and it is really easy to use.
I am going to Jupiter this weekend and I will talk to 'The Drivers Seat' about the products in question.
Thanks klumzypinoy, I included one pic. I have alot more, they are too big. After I redo my detail I will get some up. This is a great site, I cant thank you all enough for ansering my questions.

supercharged
05-31-2007, 01:34 PM
It looks like I have alot of options on the sealant. I Ordered Pinnicle Wash, Liquid Souveran, and the spray wax. I almost ordered a PC, but I got slammed with a $200 parking fine for taking my girl to the UCF ER.
I like DuraGloss 105, it sounds like a great product. I will search for the review.
<Has anyone used Zaino AIO W/ Souveran?
I already have some, and it is really easy to use.
I am going to Jupiter this weekend and I will talk to 'The Drivers Seat' about the products in question.
Thanks klumzypinoy, I included one pic. I have alot more, they are too big. After I redo my detail I will get some up. This is a great site, I cant thank you all enough for ansering my questions.

I'd rather go to Mars...:D ;) :cheers:

A1monky
05-31-2007, 03:30 PM
Yea I have heard that one before.

Or the "Hi, I am from Jupiter" Then the reply, "I am from (insert planet here)."

klumzypinoy
05-31-2007, 04:48 PM
Wow. where's Jupiter? I'm assuming it's a city :p.
Thanks for the bigger pic A1...your car has krazy reflections in there.

Truls
05-31-2007, 05:06 PM
Is it Metallic black? Didnt know the evos was deliverd in metallic black, only without metallic in Norway, but anyway.......sweeeeeeeet car.

Got the DG 101 and 105 on my red, with 2 coats of Pinnacle LS and imo it looks good. DG 101 cleans and protects well, got a good wet look too.

Killr: i hope the Pinnacle LS can be layerd? if not, my eyes lies because my car def got glossier after second layer imo. Or is it regarding the carnauba WAX?

Sorry if i nick your tread.

Would also love more pics of your car, aftermarket front fender? Looks great

Oh, and welcome

BlackCoupe
05-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Wow. where's Jupiter? I'm assuming it's a city :p.
Thanks for the bigger pic A1...your car has krazy reflections in there.

Actually, you are correct, it is a city just up the road from me! It is not far from the home of Autogeek which is in Stuart. They are thinking of merging the two cities, with the new city being named "Stupiter"!

Truls
05-31-2007, 06:11 PM
Ha ha